By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales More Than Double in June with New $399 Option and Unveiling of Holiday Games Lineup

Xbone can't have good news. People don't even grant that system the dirt under their fingernail...

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
ironmanDX said:
People, it says more than double. Why are people just multiplying may and saying that's it? June will also have a week of poor sales leading up to the price drop.

Just food for thought.

Not to mention this exact situation happened in July 2007 where PS3 got a $100 price cut and sold 159k NPD while 360 was closer to 200k. But no, doom for X1 as usual.

And how did ps3 end in the US? Pretty far behind 360. The only reason PS3 didn't end as a total disaster was Europe.

Those are great news! 144k might not be the best number ever, but it's much better than nothing!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

These numbers are pretty bad. Spinning it any other way is not looking at what April averaged before the price cut announcement.

April had around 29k/week with $499 SKU only.
June looks to be around 32k/week WITH both $399 SKU and a full month pre announcement delayed buyer bubble.

% change from May as a spin attempt is pretty shady but likely the only way they could spin it.

Poor sales in April were part of the reason that they went back on the 'never an xb1 without kinect' promise to begin with, and now it's already back to April numbers (with a 10% boost probably accounted for purely with buyers moved from May to June).

It's so thin it's see through. And saying oh ps3 did crappy in 07 isn't a comfort, ps3 lost NPD what, 30+ months straight? And lost the USA market by massive tens of millions? Yeah great success there. If European countries didn't love PS there wouldn't even be a ps4.

AZWification said:

Those are great news! 144k might not be the best number ever, but it's much better than nothing!

*more than 154k

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
AZWification said:

*more than 154k

Oops.. That's what I get for only reading the first few posts of this thread.. :-/

mutantclown said:
wow, that's one big pathetic spin if I ever saw one.

I see what you did there, or you might not have seen it yourself. :-p

AZWification said:

Sorry, but your math on simple numbers doesnt work!

Edit: Nvm. Too slow :'(

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:

Sorry, but your math on simple numbers doesnt work!

Edit: Nvm. Too slow :'(

Cut me some slack.. I posted in this thread without even reading the thread's title very well... Besides, I was just waking up from my nap as well!

Pre-emptive strike perhaps?

they also lied in the press release. X1 is not the only place to play FH2 and Ori