By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales More Than Double in June with New $399 Option and Unveiling of Holiday Games Lineup

Welp, guess it's time to cross another item off the chalkboard.

Around the Network

Vgchartz has the One well over 200k in this month right ? Can it realy be that far off.

And I kinda fear the numbers will be bad otherwise Ms wouldve come and said we sold over 200k units, or more than 250k, theyreusing the more than double to make the boost sounds bigger than it actualy was...

Im not sure how Double can be bad.

I mean Im sure they wanted triple or quadruple sales (who wouldnt) but fuck it if an increase isnt an increase.

Ssenkahdavic said:

I mean Im sure they wanted triple or quadruple sales (who wouldnt) but fuck it if an increase isnt an increase.

Because it halved in May because of announcement so it's just about back to April sales. So it's not a double to normal sales. 

Ssenkahdavic said:

Double isn't bad, the issue is sales went down from 115k in Apr to 77k in May (which was ok because people were holding off until the Jun pricecut), so doubling in Jun is a just a nice way of saying 'Sales went up~ 9% following a 20% price drop', noting that Apr and May had 4 weeks and Jun has 5 weeks, so 115k/4 = 28.5k/wk average, 155k/5 = 31k/wk average, 31/28.5 = 8.8% improvement. 

Its like a store jacking the price of bread up 40%, then the next month cutting it back 50% and saying its half price. Technically true, but not the full story.

Around the Network
DakonBlackblade said:

Vgchartz has the One well over 200k in this month right ? Can it realy be that far off.

And I kinda fear the numbers will be bad otherwise Ms wouldve come and said we sold over 200k units, or more than 250k, theyreusing the more than double to make the boost sounds bigger than it actualy was...

183k so no, not that far off.

Those numbers are bad, considering this is a 5 week month as opposed to 4 last month, and that May was especially low due to the price cut announcement. If we compare numbers to April:

115 / 4 = 28.75
155+ / 5 = 31+

So it's more like an 8% increase over regular numbers, or a bit more.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

DakonBlackblade said:

No.

Oh and solid tracking by VGChartz.

Sounds like good news. Giving consumers the choice to opt out of the Kinetic was a good idea. The $100 difference is quite big on most people's eyes. Wished they hadn't made Kinetic out to be more than what it really is though.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian