By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales More Than Double in June with New $399 Option and Unveiling of Holiday Games Lineup

These sales are not impressive of all. Even more for a period of 5 weeks.

Around the Network

I never thought there would be a monsterous rise in sales minus Kinect. It's more of a slow burn thing where MS will see benefits over time IMO.

Let's assume that X1 sold 160k for June NPD. However, the number includes the launch of the Kinectless SKU and thus, contains consumers who originally planned to buy the console in May, but held out when they heard the announcement. If we take the average of May and June, it is below 120k. This is a bad baseline to have considering that the PS4 tends to hover around 200k.

People, it says more than double. Why are people just multiplying may and saying that's it? June will also have a week of poor sales leading up to the price drop.

Just food for thought.

ironmanDX said:
People, it says more than double. Why are people just multiplying may and saying that's it? June will also have a week of poor sales leading up to the price drop.

Just food for thought.

Because if it was much more than double theyd say almost triple, or sells 2.5x times more and itd start to reach the place where the number would be good enought for they to say something like sold 200k units without having to spin it.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:

Just food for thought.

Not to mention this exact situation happened in July 2007 where PS3 got a $100 price cut and sold 159k NPD while 360 was closer to 200k. But no, doom for X1 as usual.

Weird wording in the article. Makes it seem like from June 9th and on, sales were over double what they were in May. So from the 9th - whenever it ended, at least 151k. Plus whatever it sold up until the 9th. Maybe I am reading that wrong, idk.

Either way, cool I guess. NPD would be more interesting if there were big games duking it out like Titanfall vs Infamous 3, which Titanfall won of course. All 3 consoles have great fall lineups so they should all have big holiday sales in the US.

wow, that's one big pathetic spin if I ever saw one.

sully1311 said:
sales2099 said:
Well that's good news.

Is it?

It is not?

jlmurph2 said:
ironmanDX said:

Just food for thought.

Not to mention this exact situation happened in July 2007 where PS3 got a $100 price cut and sold 159k NPD while 360 was closer to 200k. But no, doom for X1 as usual.

I was here in 2007 (lurking), there was plenty of doom back then for PS3, about every second thread was a PS3/Sony doom thread. Still remember a prediction from Rol back then stating that the PS3 would be discontinued before it hit 10 million. 72 million sales later...