By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales More Than Double in June with New $399 Option and Unveiling of Holiday Games Lineup

Azerth said:
mornelithe said:
Azerth said:
It did not have 5 weeks it had 4. It came out on the 9th the 2nd week of june

The kinectless SKU had 4 weeks, the entire console had 5 for sales, in the Month of June.

Exactly the 1st week probably had little sales due to the new SKU coning the following week

And according to Amazon and Gamestop, the One dropped like a stone after the first week or so after the $399 SKU.  Sorry, but the increase seems mostly due to people in May waiting til June to get one, not increased demand.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
thismeintiel said:
vivster said:
If it's not the price that's holding the system back now and if it arguably has the best games lineup. Why is it still selling worse than the no-game-better graphics-are-irrelevant-PS4?

I think we, and they, know.  Just don't like to admit it. 

I think they are still waiting for the cloud or dx12 or some other secret sauce

That's what always makes me laugh.  Some try to say resolution, framerate, or just graphics in general don't matter, yet latch onto ANY rumor that something might just miraculously come along and close the performance gap.  Even if it's just by a little.  They know those things matter, just like it mattered to them last gen, they just don't want to admit it.  And for the One to really start having any kind of boost in sales, it needs to be AT LEAST $50 less than the PS4.  Of course, if MS did drop the One to $349, not only will investors really start making some noise about the Xbox division, but Sony will follow suit and just take a small loss on the HW (they are profitable on HW, now.)

Azerth said:
mornelithe said:
Azerth said:

The kinectless SKU had 4 weeks, the entire console had 5 for sales, in the Month of June.

Exactly the 1st week probably had little sales due to the new SKU coning the following week

Those missed sales would have happened then in the second or third week, people don't hold off buying something for a price cut, and then wait over a month after that price cut to buy it, otherwise they were never going to buy it in the first place and it isn't a missed sale.

Hmm, its not good but not bad either.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

thismeintiel said:
eva01beserk said:
thismeintiel said:

I think we, and they, know.  Just don't like to admit it. 

I think they are still waiting for the cloud or dx12 or some other secret sauce

That's what always makes me laugh.  Some try to say resolution, framerate, or just graphics in general don't matter, yet latch onto ANY rumor that something might just miraculously come along and close the performance gap.  Even if it's just by a little.  They know those things matter, just like it mattered to them last gen, they just don't want to admit it.  And for the One to really start having any kind of boost in sales, it needs to be AT LEAST $50 less than the PS4.  Of course, if MS did drop the One to $349, not only will investors really start making some noise about the Xbox division, but Sony will follow suit and just take a small loss on the HW (they are profitable on HW, now.)

Its not official but they have a $75 pricecut for select 360 owners(I know this preety much means almost all of them) for july so its a start. But I dont think they will officially drop the price cuz sony will do the same. What they will do is try to bundle as much crap as possible, like $400 x1+kicnect or $400 x1+a game or 2 in the hollidays  and all of them with a year of live.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

The X1 won't win any NPD till maybe Halo 5 unless there's some emergency $100 price cut and Sony doesn't respond.

Azerth said:
mornelithe said:
Azerth said:

so the lost fo sales should of been made up in the following weeks, only reason for a drop would be people waiting for the price drop not as if those sales are lost for ever.

Azerth said:
mornelithe said:

True, the first week was anemic, but the following week was equally abnormal, don't you think?  Price cuts don't happen every week, and the bump for that one didn't last as long as it could've.  July won't be any prettier.

gergroy said:
why are there so many people bad at math in this thread?
77 x 2 = 154, not 144...

nope its 177

neogaf told me that

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Wrong thread.