By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony's Shuhei Yoshida Says Nintendo Provides Balance In An Industry Obsessed With Military Shooters

Mnementh said:
daredevil.shark said:

Ha ha ha. True. Many Nintendo fans dont own a wii u yet.

LOL, you did realize the math was wrong and then made wrong math yourself. Hilarious.

(Don't be angry at me, it is just funny and everyone can be wrong in the maths from time to time. I'm too. If it is funny I hope I can laugh about it myself.)

I knew it before posting. But my opinion still holds. We have many so called "nintendo" fans who dont own Wii U yet. Because they dont see value. PS4 is the future.

Around the Network

Glad to see him recognize the importance of Nintendo. I guess he is a traitor now to the some in this thread who are not capable of understand basic logic.

Anyway, funny to see the reactions-

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

daredevil.shark said:

I knew it before posting. But my opinion still holds. We have many so called "nintendo" fans who dont own Wii U yet. Because they dont see value. PS4 is the future.

Hmm, I know. Still for me the WiiU holds value (that's why I own one) while PS4 only slowly creeps towards enough value for justifying a purchase (only Deep Down and Bloodborne so far). But that is subjective and I'm happy PS4 provides enough value for many.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

this thread is a battlefield O_O

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
this thread is a battlefield O_O

The only way it wouldn't be is if this was breaking news that they were merging into a mega firm with each having 50 percent stake. But that would probably lead to mass suicides.

Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

The great thing Sony did in the last few years is that they DIDNT try and change the industry, and thats why they have a consistent and larger fanbase.

I'm not sure where the idea that change > improving on something people already love comes from. That might be the case once in a century, but other than than people have certain expectations.

They didn't try and change the industry? What about Heavy Rain, isn't that taking a huge risk in money to create something so odd for the time? And what about Jorney, AR with Eye Pet, upcoming Morpheus, Unfisnished Swan, the Pupeteer...And I could go on and on about telling you the risky games/moves Sony keeps doing over the years. Don't you try blur things up and deny.. it's pretty visible.

Remember the Wonderbook? Don't feel bad if you don't.

Lawlight said:
aLkaLiNE said:
Between Sony and MS, only one is needed (although I am a fanboy, I won't pick sides here). Nintendo on the other hand, as Yoshida said is a necessary component within the industry to help drive innovation.

What innovation by Nintendo? Care to give some examples?

You love Sony and hate Nintendo. Nothing anyone says can change that. When even a high-ranking official within Sony can't get you to acknowledge the value of Nintendo's place in the industry, then what hope do we have?

Lawlight said:
padib said:
Hopefully this will convince Sonyites of what I have always said, that Nintendo offers something that is different from what the other two consoles are focused on.

And that's why they have a very important role to play in the industry.

Luckily they will believe it when a Sony rep says it because they certainly don't when I say it.

I can only look at facts and I see that the PS4 has a variety that other systems don't have. Just look at PS3 - the PS4 will have even more variety.

What games?  Where are these variety of games that you speak of that other systems don't have?  Infamous?  Killzone?  Knack?  DriverClub will be released soon, but other than digital titltes, nothing else until 2015 will be playable on the PS4 that can't be played on the PS3.

The system is selling the best so that variety of games will come, but it's not here right now.  Right now there's practically nothing.

pokoko said:

Well, since you don't seem to understand that fun is subjective and you made some very silly and massive generalizations, what real choice do I have?  Either you're trying to champion one brand or you really believe that all non-Nintendo games are serious, brown, and not fun.  This is actually one of the rare instances where the former would cast the more favorable impression.  Simply by glancing at my game-shelf, without looking online or considering my digital library, I see games like Little Big Planet, Ratchet & Clank, Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore, 3D Dot Game Heros, Portal 2, Disgaea, and Borderlands--and you're seriously trying to say that only Nintendo provides fun, humor, and color?

That's the epitome of ridiculous.

I suggest you look at my signature before you make any more references to "fun". I don't champion one brand because that's stupid, and people who do that are stupid. I'm for games, no matter the platform. Considering most of what you gave examples for is what I own. Oddly I would add in other games like Tak and Guacamelee. What hidden agenda you are trying to see is the direction some games take to achieve a so called "realistic" tone. CoD and Battlefield, Army or Two, Resistance, Halo, Destiny, infamous, etc. These generalizations exist because the gaming industry continues to make them, yearly I might add. Games you describe are games that wouldn't make a lick of sense in those shades of brown and green (then again I think it's just post processing that does that to a lot of games). I'm saying Nintendo provides balance, in a industry that is trying to go super realistic. An image to represent my point

Sony should buy Nintendo and put Iwata in charge of worldwide studios.  Then Nintendo fans and Sony fans can be friends.