By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony's Shuhei Yoshida Says Nintendo Provides Balance In An Industry Obsessed With Military Shooters

True but there still is a problem. The industy is also obsessed with mario games.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
RealGamingExpert said:
Lawlight said:
Aielyn said:
Lawlight said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Yes, please continue because Splatoon seems seems like they copied The Unfinished Swan and changed it a bit.

Motion Controls - lol, yeah, such a great innovation that it's still being used today...

The ignorance is strong in this one...

Do you anything on topic to say? I'd be curious to hear them.

You asked what they innovated, he gave examples, you completely ignore them.

Nintendo used Motion Controls on the Wii, a Touchscreen on the DS.

They made a lot of creative games with those options, yet you act like its nothing.

What great thing did sony do in the last few years that completely changed the industry?

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:
Lawlight said:
RealGamingExpert said:
Lawlight said:
Aielyn said:
Lawlight said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Yes, please continue because Splatoon seems seems like they copied The Unfinished Swan and changed it a bit.

Motion Controls - lol, yeah, such a great innovation that it's still being used today...

Do you anything on topic to say? I'd be curious to hear them.

You asked what they innovated, he gave examples, you completely ignore them.

Nintendo used Motion Controls on the Wii, a Touchscreen on the DS.

They made a lot of creative games with those options, yet you act like its nothing.

What great thing did sony do in the last few years that completely changed the industry?

The great thing Sony did in the last few years is that they DIDNT try and change the industry, and thats why they have a consistent and larger fanbase.

I'm not sure where the idea that change > improving on something people already love comes from. That might be the case once in a century, but other than than people have certain expectations.

That's why I roll with the Sony + Nintendo combo. Deadly stuff.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

fps_d0minat0r said:

The great thing Sony did in the last few years is that they DIDNT try and change the industry, and thats why they have a consistent and larger fanbase.

I'm not sure where the idea that change > improving on something people already love comes from. That might be the case once in a century, but other than than people have certain expectations.

Exactly. Im not saying that this is a bad thing, but he asked for innovation and got his answers.

Sony works like this since years, so why change a working concept?

Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Almost nothing but Nintendo 1st party titles certainly isn't something I'd consider a "balance".

Playstation and Xbox are not dominated by military shooters at all.

Bold: sad but true

Underlined: there is diversity in each platform. I do think Nintendo is more in a different level of gaming than the others, because they have a strong emphasis in their unique creations.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

Nintendo does bring a lot of uniqueness to the industry.

With that said, they don't really have to "balance" the industry. There are a ton of other genres if you look for them.

fps_d0minat0r said:

They didn't try and change the industry? What about Heavy Rain, isn't that taking a huge risk in money to create something so odd for the time? And what about Jorney, AR with Eye Pet, upcoming Morpheus, Unfisnished Swan, the Pupeteer...And I could go on and on about telling you the risky games/moves Sony keeps doing over the years. Don't you try blur things up and deny.. it's pretty visible.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
RealGamingExpert said:
Lawlight said:
Aielyn said:
Lawlight said:
aLkaLiNE said:
Between Sony and MS, only one is needed (although I am a fanboy, I won't pick sides here). Nintendo on the other hand, as Yoshida said is a necessary component within the industry to help drive innovation.

What innovation by Nintendo? Care to give some examples?

Splatoon, for one - this is the one that Yoshida specifically mentioned.

The Wii's motion controls were enough of an innovation to drive the system's sales for three solid years, while both Sony and MS were forced to respond with Move and Kinect, respectively.

If you'd like, I can continue.

Yep its blalant ignorance at its  finest. I don't why anyone bothers responds to that guy he's just here to a make scene. There's a word for that but, alas I don't want to get banned in my own thread so I won't use it. 

Even in this thread, people are arguing console war bullshit and of course it's spearheaded by Lawlight.