By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PS4 Pulling a Wii??

PS4 is dead, WiiU will dominate the market from this point on, xbone is the new atari.

Around the Network
NavyNut said:
PS4 is dead, WiiU will dominate the market from this point on, xbone is the new atari.

Let me just quote you so more people can see this beautiful comment. Oh and i disagree with you wholeheartedly.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Except the links I posted address your lack of evidence, not you.

I disagree. I provided an opinion using what would be considered logic. You thought you were being crafty by providing a link that basically would state I am ignorant instead of providing an actual argument and I called you out on it.

Citation needed.

You provide half-assed responses and request that I hold your hand and walk you through mine? Google it.

The burden of proof is on you to provide evidence.

Google Nvidia roadmap, see, it wasn't that hard

Whose general consesus is that?

"shakes head" you seem like a fellow who spends a majority of their time on the internet. If you wish to play games by all means please continue.

The PS3 had a bad launch but overall sold well enough, to end the generation in a virtual tie with Xbox.

Yes, however, had it not been a technological advancement like the 360 in comparison to even PC games at the time (and the fact that Sony needed to recoup losses from launch), it's succesor would have launched far sooner and fallen in with the typical console lifespan.

Seriously, this is the second time you've called me delusional, and I don't see how the thread I posted earlier has any relevance in me requesting evidence from you.

Where did I outright call you delusional? I simply posted a link :) However, to address your statement, I familiar with the logic you apply in some of these threads and simply made a fair assumption that you were applying that same logic to my comment. 

I didn't never asked you to explaining your reasoning, only to back up your argument with evidence. 

An opion based on future sales cannot be sourced as the sales have yet to occur. I've given you examples of previous hardware lifespans, the anomaly that was last gen, current hardware vs pc and compared to last gen vs pc and how pc cards are growing at a rate which will outdate consoles more hastely than previous eras, the current drop this early in weekly (not overall) sales across the spectrum, etc and why these factors form my opinion.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

I disagree. I provided an opinion using what would be considered logic. You thought you were being crafty by providing a link that basically would state I am ignorant instead of providing an actual argument and I called you out on it.

Citation needed.

You provide half-assed responses and request that I hold your hand and walk you through mine? Google it.

"shakes head" you seem like a fellow who spends a majority of their time on the internet. If you wish to play games by all means please continue.

The PS3 had a bad launch but overall sold well enough, to end the generation in a virtual tie with Xbox.

Yes, however, had it not been a technological advancement like the 360 in comparison to even PC games at the time (and the fact that Sony needed to recoup losses from launch), it's succesor would have launched far sooner and fallen in with the typical console lifespan.

Seriously, this is the second time you've called me delusional, and I don't see how the thread I posted earlier has any relevance in me requesting evidence from you.

Where did I outright call you delusional? I simply posted a link :) However, to address your statement, I familiar with the logic you apply in some of these threads and simply made a fair assumption that you were applying that same logic to my comment. 

I didn't never asked you to explaining your reasoning, only to back up your argument with evidence. 

An opion based on future sales cannot be sourced as the sales have yet to occur. I've given you examples of previous hardware lifespans, the anomaly that was last gen, current hardware vs pc and compared to last gen vs pc and how pc cards are growing at a rate which will outdate consoles more hastely than previous eras, the current drop this early in weekly (not overall) sales across the spectrum, etc and why these factors form my opinion.

Good then, I won't inquire any further, but only because subjecting you that amount of scruntiny would be unwarranted. Now, I understand your viewpoint.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

OriginalGod said:
AIAS said:
OriginalGod said:
AIAS said:

PS4 is collecting dust at the mo. PS sure enough was a game changer. PS2 sold due to a gimmick (DVD player). PS3 sold due to a gimmick (BluRay player). Where is the gimmick with the PS4?

?? Look at the sales bro...PS2 and 3 only sold on a gimmick? The ps2 had the best library and massive third party support...PS3 also had tonnes of great games, features, and third party support... DVD players were 20 bucks a mfew years into ps2's life , same with bluray, and bluray never nreally tookk off, your argument is not basd in reality. Sony has sold more consoles then anyone since entering the market..it is not because of "Gimmicks". Sony is not nintendo. Why is ps4 selling so well if it doesn't have a "Gimmick". Laughable

Yes Sir. But them both bloated initially their installed base due to the attached gimmicks. And in some countries a DVD and a Blu Ray player is a big deal, i.e. they cost a lot. I know so many who bought them for their video playing capacity.

Why dont you present me the total comsoles sold per total games sold (for each console) and then we may continue the argument?

LOL no...DVD players were 20 bucks and so where bluray when those systems were not even half way throuhg it's life. PS2 sold 50 million after ps3 launched. your post  was a fallacy. Bluray never even took off. It was the games, platform that sold ps2's and ps3's... please.

Look at ps4 sales, from your own admission..no gimmicks.  They never sold much based on just DVD amnd bluray, people buy playstations for GAMES>

DVD players were expensive when they were introduced to the mass market. So expensive, that a PS2 was considered a cheap mid-tier DVD player.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
KLXVER said:
spemanig said:
Yeah, the PS4 is pretty much dead. I predict it being behind the Wii U and XBO by next month.

True. Itll be lucky to reach Vita numbers at this point...

I'll be surprised if it's doing better than the Ouya by this time next year.

I'm gonna laugh at you guys once LBP Karting and PSABR for PS4/Vita turn things around.

Troll thread clearly, but I think the PS4 has got this in the bag. Its easier to develop for than the PS3 and has a good price point. It will sell steadily well especially with 3rd party support unlike the Wii.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Citation needed.

Good then, I won't inquire any further, but only because subjecting you that amount of scruntiny would be unwarranted. Now, I understand your viewpoint.

You can scrutinize to your hearts content. The fact that you believe your scrutiny would hold any merit is why my grandiose comments I made earlier are applicable.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Is Xbox One pulling a Wii U? A better than mediocre start before sliding into oblivion only to get a price cut within 1st year?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

drake_tolu said:

Finally another post of Toastboy!

In any case, PS4 will sominate this generation.

XBOX ONE and Wii U will sell less of 100 million combinated, PS4 will sell 140-170 million.

Wii barely cracked 100 million

Wii U will barely sell 20 million

XBO will barely sell 20 million

I don't think PS4 will sell more than PS2. Just not that many gamers, and people that bought PS3 or X360 for Netflix have other cheaper alternatives that work just as well for Streaming stuff, at much lower costs.