By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is the PS4 Pulling a Wii??

Yes, PS4 is pulling a Wii, it will sell ~80 million consoles in 4 years with a >45% market share. What confuses me is why a PS hater is creating a positive thread about PS4.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Saying the PS4 "pulled a Wii" implies that it sold 100,000+ per week for 5 years, not 5 months.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

drake_tolu said:

Finally another post of Toastboy!

In any case, PS4 will sominate this generation.

XBOX ONE and Wii U will sell less of 100 million combinated, PS4 will sell 140-170 million.

dang son 140-170,  better hope china comes through big

I think we should compare the ps4 with the snes the most powerful, and the best selling of the big 3. this gen sony's position might be similar to snes position if everything goes according to sony's plan IMO.

No, the ps4 is pulling a ps1.

Around the Network
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

You can scrutinize to your hearts content. The fact that you believe your scrutiny would hold any merit is why my grandiose comments I made earlier are applicable.

Since this an informal setting, you can claim whatever you want. But since this is also a public forum, expect at the very least to have evidence provided when its asked for.

The only reason, I haven't pursued this matter any further, is because you stated that the evidence was readily avaliable but to numerous too provide, and I gave you benefit of the doubt.

However, you do not seem to understand basic terms so allow me to use google:

scru·ti·ny
ˈskro͞otn-ē/
noun

1. critical observation or examination.
    "every aspect of local government was placed under scrutiny"
    synonyms: examinationinspectionsurveystudyperusalMore

Scrutiny, is not an argument, there is no merit to held by it, it is only a description of what I was doing to your argument, that is placing it under critcal observation or examination because you have no evidence.

In hindsight, perhaps I went over your head. At the same time, this dicussion wouldn't need to be had if you would simply provide evidence. Furthermore, you cannot ask me to search for the evidence yourself because the burden of proof is on you to explain your statements.

Seems like you have a hard on for copying and pasting definitions to use as filler as you fail to provide an intelligent response.

Tell me, what is my response to you? Or the response that you think I am trying to give you? Cause I'm only asking for more evidence.

I truly find the over my head comment amusing, considering what you've stated as scrutiny not being able to hold merit, which , is possibly the most absurd thing I've heard today and while I can provide my opinion about your scrutiny having no value whatsoever for this one I will provide links (you can argue with the writers of the following headlines)

http://www.vnews.com/opinion/6955739-95/letter-where-irs-scrutiny-is-merited

http://host.madison.com/sports/columnists/tom_oates/oates-special-scrutiny-still-merited-for-uw-s-special-teams/article_a64e81dc-138a-538e-b943-cdc91d03fc20.html

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-6988083.html

Its a shame you don't understand this so I will explain this to you.

Those links you posted are opinions about scrutiny, judging the situations in which it is acceptable.

I told you that I would not pursue your lack of evidence any further, because I gave you the benefit of the doubt that listing it would be troublesome. And that Level of Scruntiny was not be necessary for an internet forum. 

Thus this statement "The fact that you believe your scrutiny would hold any merit is why my grandiose comments I made earlier are applicable." makes no sense

I can keep going but either there is a long list of people who "do not seem to understand basic terms" or clearly your wrong. I'm going with the latter.

Scrutiny is not an argument its just a term that describes the level of examination. I will continue to repeat this as long as you continue to display your misunderstanding. We have all summer.

Back to the links matter. I've argued with enough i...... to know when my time is being wasted. I can post numerous links to each one of my arguments and give a well thought reasonable debate and it will be pointless because you seem like the type that, even though the sky is blue, if you wanted it to be grey you would argue and avoid all facts. 

We haven't argued! Before the side tracking of this semantics argument. You made a claim. I asked for your evidence supporting your evidence. You gave NONE

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said

Tell me, what is my response to you? Or the response that you think I am trying to give you? Cause I'm only asking for more evidence.

You clearly missed the " I've wasted enough time arguing with idiots" comment. You can keep asking and I will copy and past the same response

Its a shame you don't understand this so I will explain this to you.

Those links you posted are opinions about scrutiny, judging the situations in which it is acceptable.

I told you that I would not pursue your lack of evidence any further, because I gave you the benefit of the doubt that listing it would be troublesome. And that Level of Scruntiny was not be necessary for an internet forum. 

Thus this statement "The fact that you believe your scrutiny would hold any merit is why my grandiose comments I made earlier are applicable." makes no sense

Wow, do you actually beleive the crap that is coming out of your mouth? Of course it makes sense. Your full statement was "I won't inquire any further, but only because subjecting you that amount of scruntiny would be unwarranted.  I then stated to go ahead as your scrutiny would hold no merit. You then claimed " Scrutiny, is not an argument, there is no merit to held by it"  to which I pointed out how idiotic that statement was which you've back peddled into "Those links you posted are opinions about scrutiny, judging the situations in which it is acceptable". This is why I have not wasted my time sourcing my statements and told you to go google because as I've stated earlier it's a waste of time which you have clearly proven given your statement. It's my fault for engaging as I should have ignored you and listend to this proverb "When arguing with fools, don't answer their foolish arguments, or you will become as foolish as they are."

Scrutiny is not an argument its just a term that describes the level of examination. I will continue to repeat this as long as you continue to display your misunderstanding. We have all summer.

Scurtiny can hold merit as I've stated,and you are back peddling again from your previous answer. Maybe you should take the time to read what you write.

We haven't argued! Before the side tracking of this semantics argument. You made a claim. I asked for your evidence supporting your evidence. You gave NONE

So we haven't argued, yet we've side tracked into a semantics argument which would classify as an argument......deos it hurt to live in your head? I've seen someone so confused and contradicting in their reponses before, I feel embarassed for you. As for your request I will copy and post again "" I've wasted enough time arguing with idiots"

Post was moderated - Torillian

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Nirvana_Nut85 said:

So we haven't argued, yet we've side tracked into a semantics argument which would classify as an argument......deos it hurt to live in your head? I've seen someone so confused and contradicting in their reponses before, I feel embarassed for you. As for your request I will copy and post again "" I've wasted enough time arguing with idiots"

A semantics argument that you proposed when I exposed your lack of evidence.

You can continue to insult me, but it won't change anything at all.

If you can't back up your claims just admit it. 

It's simple.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

PS4 to be discontinued by the end of the Year. Sony to fully focus on the Vita.

bubblegamer said:
NavyNut said:
PS4 is dead, WiiU will dominate the market from this point on, xbone is the new atari.

Let me just quote you so more people can see this beautiful comment. Oh and i disagree with you wholeheartedly.

Don't disagree with the truth. The WiiU is slowly going up in sales like an old's man boner it will stay on top for ever.