By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED!!! MORE RUMORS: Retro Working on Diddy Kong Racing 2 (Wii U)

Do you like this idea?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 339 36.93%

No... Retro should do something else 281 30.61%

Only if they can do it an... 261 28.43%

dat fur... 35 3.81%

Total:916

Back in n64 days rare made blast corps banjo kazooie and tooie diddy kong racing donkey kong 64 golden eyeand perfect dark I think altoghether. Thats alot of games and Nintendo need a studio that can release triple AAA games of that quality at that rate. Retro get on it. Ok we cant have banjo 3 but how about a proper 3d DK game.

Around the Network
rik said:
Back in n64 days rare made blast corps banjo kazooie and tooie diddy kong racing donkey kong 64 golden eyeand perfect dark I think altoghether. Thats alot of games and Nintendo need a studio that can release triple AAA games of that quality at that rate. Retro get on it. Ok we cant have banjo 3 but how about a proper 3d DK game.

N64 games take vastly less time and resources to make than Wii U games.

Replicating Rare's N64 output on modern hardware is impossible.

Yep and thats why the industry is going to bankrupt itself.

mizorefan said:
I don't care about Diddy Kong Racing, but I want to see a Donkey Kong Returns 2 and 3.

Also, if this rumor come true, I hope Monster don't screw with the controls of 3ds version, like they did with DKCR3D.

Tropical Freeze is DKC2.... Just saying....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

curl-6 said:

Show me the last time a first party Nintendo game besides Retro and Monolith made a "darK" game.

That's irrelevant. Just because they haven't made a "dark" game doesn't mean they can't. Just like just because Retro hadn't attempted to make a 2D platformer didn't mean they couldn't.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

Show me the last time a first party Nintendo game besides Retro and Monolith made a "darK" game.

That's irrelevant. Just because they haven't made a "dark" game doesn't mean they can't. Just like just because Retro hadn't attempted to make a 2D platformer didn't mean they couldn't.

Nintendo proper has no grasp of how to appeal to the PS/Xbox gamer, you see this in everything from their advertising to the software they greenlight. There's no reason to believe they'd be any less clueless about how to appeal with them via an actual game. The only ones with credentials are Retro and Monolith. Monolith are occupied.

curl-6 said:

Nintendo proper has no grasp of how to appeal to the PS/Xbox gamer, you see this in everything from their advertising to the software they greenlight. There's no reason to believe they'd be any less clueless about how to appeal with them via an actual game. The only ones with credentials are Retro and Monolith. Monolith are occupied.

They do have the grasp. They've said on multiple ocassions that they don't want those gamers. They aren't trying to get PS/XB gamers. The fact that you're even using Monolith as an example of a studio that can sell to PS/XB gamers is telling. How many Wiis did Xenoblade sell? How many GCN's/Wiis did the Prime series sell? You're being delusional. DKCR sold better than every prime game.

No one cares about Metroid but Nintendo fans.

Edit: Moderated - Starcraft

Diddy Kong Racing 2 > Metroid U

Just sharing

*Sound Of Rain said:
Diddy Kong Racing 2 > Metroid U

Just sharing

A new IP > DKR2

KLXVER said:

A new IP > DKR2

That would depend on the final product