By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest X heading to 3DS, hitting Japan in September

fatslob-:O said:
spurgeonryan said:
Time for another booost in Japan for 3DS this year!

This game will do nothing for the 3DS ... 

OT: For sure not a million seller, but I reckon it can push a decent ammount of SW, and if they release some fancy bundle...... profit.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Every game fits better on the vita for you :-/ (MH/Pokemon/Mario/etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

3DS clearly can't handle DQX so they're streaming it which is... a little bizarre, but whatever.  

I doubt that's the case. It is probably more of SE not wanting to do a real port to the 3DS. I mean, the game is a Wii game after all, and the biggest bottleneck is probably ram, which the 3DS has more of than the Wii (twice as much.) 

ryuzaki57 said:
so it's a portable game you can't play outside... point?

I would have fit better on 3G Vita, but SE monkeys don't realize that.

Deal with it. 3DS still is THE console of Japan

Click HERE and be happy 

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

On ocassion he can be correct, though.  It's becoming just as predictable that you'll come in and disagree with him as it is that he'll show up and say that something should be on Sony consoles!

In this instance, the Vita has shown it can run slightly-toned-down console MMO's (i.e. Phantasy Star Online 2; Monster Hunter Frontier G). 

3DS clearly can't handle DQX so they're streaming it which is... a little bizarre, but whatever.  I'd imagine Vita would've been able to run it natively, and from a pure gameplay perspective I think that'd probably be better for it (sales wise? probably not, but I doubt it's going to perform overly well on 3DS anyway).

Key Word "occasion" I didn't mean it like you think. Majority of Every game would run alot better on Vita. No doubt about it, but every third party game he wants thats on 3DS, he rants about it should be on Vita and even saying sometimes [insert company] betrayed sony fans.

Im not talking Power! Not Talking Sales! It just the same comment, different words. Srry if I pursue certain people but then again you do the same to me :P

sc94597 said:

I doubt that's the case. It is probably more of SE not wanting to do a real port to the 3DS. I mean, the game is a Wii game after all, and the biggest bottleneck is probably ram, which the 3DS has more of than the Wii (twice as much.) 

I mean, I'm not massively clued up on the specifications of 3DS, but I haven't really seen any games so far that demonstrate the console would be capable of hosting a full-scale MMO (i.e. the kind you can run across the whole continent on in one go if you want).

Unless DQX is an instanced MMO like PSO2, but even then, Vita is running that with a lot of cutbacks so I can't really think what DQX would look like if they had to cut it back to get it on 3DS.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
sc94597 said:

I mean, I'm not massively clued up on the specifications of 3DS, but I haven't really seen any games so far that demonstrate the console would be capable of hosting a full-scale MMO (i.e. the kind you can run across the whole continent on in one go if you want).

Unless DQX is an instanced MMO like PSO2, but even then, Vita is running that with a lot of cutbacks so I can't really think what DQX would look like if they had to cut it back to get it on 3DS.

Considering how the 3DS matches the Wii in terms of specifications, and this was primarily a Wii game, I really don't see why it could not. Again, ram is the most limiting feature of an MMO and the 3DS has much more than what the Wii has: 134 MB (3DS) vs. 91 MB (Wii.) Also PSO1 & 2 was on the Gamecube and Xbox, both of which are less powerful than the 3DS, and DQ VIII (which really doesn't look much worse than DQX to be honest) was released on the PS2, which is much less powerful than the 3DS. Since this game is likely not taking advantage of 3DS, it will use all of the system's power to run at a much smaller resolution than the console release. So I really, don't see how the 3DS couldn't run it. What is probably the case is that SE wanted to stream it for phone and tablet users (which vary) , and decided a 3DS port as well using the same feature, just to get the game as on many platforms as possible. 

EricFabian said:
ryuzaki57 said:
so it's a portable game you can't play outside... point?

I would have fit better on 3G Vita, but SE monkeys don't realize that.

Deal with it. 3DS still is THE console of Japan

Wrong, Wii U is THE console of Japan, 3DS is THE handheld of Japan

It's weird that they're streaming it.

The dreamcast could handle an MMO, so both of the handhelds should be able to handle a downgraded port no prob.

I LOVE ICELAND!

tbone51 said:

Srry if I pursue certain people but then again you do the same to me :P

I only do it to you because I know you know better :P

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Srry if I pursue certain people but then again you do the same to me :P

I only do it to you because I know you know better :P

I kno! ( thats why you kno i mean no offense)

Anywayzzz..... Sucks to be a DQ fan anyway, they never bring the games to the west. All i hear is fans shouting for it :0

SE is a retarded company imo (for other reasons too) All i wanted from them is a sequel to my favorite game of all time :'-(