By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest X heading to 3DS, hitting Japan in September

Streaming technology??? What!?

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

Last time I checked DQ wasn't all that popular on PC so digital sales pretty much have a nil amount of importance and we don't exactly have digital sales figures for the WII U but don't count on it having much weight. It maybe normal MMO to sell less than the main entry but MMO's actually need more revenue than the main entry's to be profitable plus that's SE's fault that it didn't release elsewhere just like how Microsoft screwed up by not releasing the X1 elsewhere either and 1 million is pitiful performance for a franchise that's popular as hell in Japan.

I think we can evaluate the success of DQ X just based on the information we have ... How exactly did it hurt my credibility to say a fact ? 

Square Enix alredy confirmed the game sold a million copies. As previously mentioned, within a franchise, a MMO entry selling less than a regular entry is expected and not in itself a sign that the game is doing bad as shown historically by FFXI.

You don't know the budget of the game, you don't know the amount of monthly subscribers for both the past and the future. It's critical information that we need in order to evaluate the success of the game.

And yes, it hurts your credibility because it shows that even without the information needed to assess a situation you still find certitude in your judgment of that situation.

Awesome! I want a western release as well.

Sharu said:

Because you said so?

You mean cause you won't face the cold hard facts ? This isn't some stupid console war that your engaging ... This is actual data that no one can argue.

Are you still mad about not being on Sony consoles?

Yeah, anger.

OP: So, DQ, Pokemon, MH and Yokai 2. 3DS is going to do good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Sharu said:

Because you said so?

You mean cause you won't face the cold hard facts ? This isn't some stupid console war that your engaging ... This is actual data that no one can argue.

Do you believe the game made/makes profits? If so, how is it a failure? If not? Why? 

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

Are you still mad about not being on Sony consoles?

Yeah, anger.

OP: So, DQ, Pokemon, MH and Yokai 2. 3DS is going to do good.

I could care less about DQ but if it was Final Fantasy then yeah you'd have a point ... 

Fatslob successfully turned a boring thread about another DQX iteration into something hilarious. Congrats.

ryuzaki57 said:
so it's a portable game you can't play outside... point?

I would have fit better on 3G Vita, but SE monkeys don't realize that.

Every game fits better on the vita for you :-/ (MH/Pokemon/Mario/etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

NintendoPie said:
Fatslob successfully turned a boring thread about another DQX iteration into something hilarious. Congrats.

rol/10 ? 

spemanig said:
Streaming technology??? What!?

Powerz of the cloudz

On a more serious note, online support for this game is bound to be dropped in a few years when the 3DS gets phased out.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC