By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest X heading to 3DS, hitting Japan in September

ryuzaki57 said:
so it's a portable game you can't play outside... point?

I would have fit better on 3G Vita, but SE monkeys don't realize that.

Actually I can. It is called tethering, and I get 4G speeds. :P 

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
spemanig said:
Streaming technology??? What!?

Powerz of the cloudz

On a more serious note, online support for this game is bound to be dropped in a few years when the 3DS gets phased out.

It isn't exclusive to the 3DS, so I don't see why. Actually, why did they release it on the dead Wii? 

Hey SE, maybe think about bringing DQ7 west sometime, yeah?
The longer you wait the more I spite you.

sc94597 said:
VanceIX said:
spemanig said:

Powerz of the cloudz

On a more serious note, online support for this game is bound to be dropped in a few years when the 3DS gets phased out.

It isn't exclusive to the 3DS, so I don't see why. Actually, why did they release it on the dead Wii? 

Server upkeep is expensive, and people simply don't play handheld games as long. Also, the 3DS version probably won't sell nearly as much as the mobile version, which gives them very little incentive to keep servers running for a very small amount of players, especially since it's not s sub-based game.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
sc94597 said:
VanceIX said:
spemanig said:

Powerz of the cloudz

Server upkeep is expensive, and people simply don't play handheld games as long. Also, the 3DS version probably won't sell nearly as much as the mobile version, which gives them very little incentive to keep servers running for a very small amount of players, especially since it's not s sub-based game.

The console versions had a subscription, I am assuming the 3DS version will too. Am I missing something? 

Around the Network
Skidonti said:
Hey SE, maybe think about bringing DQ7 west sometime, yeah?
The longer you wait the more I spite you.

Actually, I'm gonna be kinda pissed if they confirm DQ73DS for the West since I just spent 70 dollars on the original PS1 version. 

OP: Honestly, I love DQ but if it doesn't get a western release, I don't care. 

fatslob-:O said:
Pavolink said:

Are you still mad about not being on Sony consoles?

Yeah, anger.

OP: So, DQ, Pokemon, MH and Yokai 2. 3DS is going to do good.

I could care less about DQ but if it was Final Fantasy then yeah you'd have a point ... 

Ironic, considering that was what some Nintendo fans felt about Final Fantasy back in the day.

Battle of the handheld MMO ports no-one wants later this year! Monster Hunter Frontier G vs. Dragon Quest X.

I suspect Dragon Quest will win.

Seriously though, they seem to be struggling with this game. From Wii/WiiU exclusive; ported to PC; streamed to smartphones and now streamed to 3DS. I suspect we're still seeing some residue of them expecting gangbusters from this game but not getting it:

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/10/dragon-quest-x-is-not-meeting-sales-expectations/

tbone51 said:

Every game fits better on the vita for you :-/ (MH/Pokemon/Mario/etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

On ocassion he can be correct, though.  It's becoming just as predictable that you'll come in and disagree with him as it is that he'll show up and say that something should be on Sony consoles!

In this instance, the Vita has shown it can run slightly-toned-down console MMO's (i.e. Phantasy Star Online 2; Monster Hunter Frontier G). 

3DS clearly can't handle DQX so they're streaming it which is... a little bizarre, but whatever.  I'd imagine Vita would've been able to run it natively, and from a pure gameplay perspective I think that'd probably be better for it (sales wise? probably not, but I doubt it's going to perform overly well on 3DS anyway).

I always get excited when I hear DQ news, hoping they have a DQ7 3DS release date for the west, and always end in disappointment... ;~;