By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest X heading to 3DS, hitting Japan in September

Strange choice to be honest.. but I guess the 3DS does have a sizable audience in Japan that this could sell to. I would prefer they ported other DQ games instead though.

Around the Network

It'll probably release for 3DS in america seeing that it is the latest console that has the largest intsall base here.

3DS might have a great 2nd semester on Japan. So many big games are coming... and YW2 is just around the corner.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Srry if I pursue certain people but then again you do the same to me :P

I only do it to you because I know you know better :P

I developed an ignore ability, so does that make me better Kresnik-sama! (Oh god I feel dirty for posting this). 

OT: 3DS will gain another game that will sell alright, nothing wrong with that. Hope whereever DQXI ends up, (Best selling would be the 3DS), that it isn't a MMO. 

sc94597 said:
VanceIX said:
sc94597 said:

It isn't exclusive to the 3DS, so I don't see why. Actually, why did they release it on the dead Wii? 

Server upkeep is expensive, and people simply don't play handheld games as long. Also, the 3DS version probably won't sell nearly as much as the mobile version, which gives them very little incentive to keep servers running for a very small amount of players, especially since it's not s sub-based game.

The console versions had a subscription, I am assuming the 3DS version will too. Am I missing something? 

Sorry, for some reason I thought they took out that model for 3DS. Looks like I was mistaken.

Of course, even then, I don't see why people would use the 3DS version when they could use the mobile version with better resolution.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

I guess they want people to be prepared for DQXI on 3DS.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile