By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How well will Captain Toad sell?

KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:
This game lives or dies on how many levels it has.
If it only has 20-30, people are going to (rightly) feel like it's $10 DLC being sold at retail price, and they won't buy it.

and it cant have like 200 levels, so Im pretty sure itll be priced like NSLU or something.

At least 60 levels would be needed for it to feel like a legit  retail game.

Around the Network

Hmm, 480k this year and 1.4mil LT

Also do remember this is a thread on the sales of the game, not whether or not the character is interesting or not!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

JWeinCom said:
I feel like I'm missing something here. Not sure why people expect this to be such a huge hit. The game seems to scream niche. It's an odd sort of puzzle/platform hybrid featuring a C rank Mario character. I'm not saying it won't be good, I'm sure it will be, but I don't see why people are expecting such huge sales, especially with Wii U figures where they're at.

I agree....

Niche game however it could be good and bundled so I guess 350k holiday - 1(.5) lifetime?

Switch!!!

£29.99 in UK please!

Switch!!!

Well i cant imagine it cost a fortune to make, so anything over 500k will be a success. Personally i think it will prob scrape past a million lifetime.

Around the Network

Less than its sequel: Admiral Toadette.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If it is priced agressively, I think it'll sell about 1,5 mil lifetime.
And about 500k at the end of 2014.

Eh, if this sells more than one million lifetime I would be very surprised.

morenoingrato said:
Abysmally. >1M lifetime.

This. Although, I wouldn't consider it abysmal for a game like that to sell less than 1 million, even if It's a Mario spinoff.

I say 150k this holiday season and 800k LT! This game is reusing 3D World's engine, so it's not like it needs to sell 3 million to make a profit or something..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---