By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How well will Captain Toad sell?

I will say 800k but you know this is Nintendo de game can be bundle with every Wii U in Holidays or be $40 there is a lot of variations than can make this game a million seller, so maybe 2M

Around the Network

i see this making the same numbers that pikmin did, or worse.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

I'll be extremely surprised if this game goes above 650K for lifetime ...

BTW Toad is a lame as hell character so that doesn't make the game anymore exciting. LOL

Depends on the price and how much content there is.
If they're asking $50-60 USD for like 30 levels, it'll bomb.

KLXVER said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
KLXVER said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Seriously Mario related characters are boring but toad is the most boringest character out of them all!

I would say Yoshi, but whatever...

Nope, I mean if your Mario and you need help saving peach...who would you rather ask, yoshi or I don't do anything toad?

Doesnt change the fact that hes a boring character...

your opinion...

Toad is loved by many, very popular character on Mario Kart Wii, Nintendo probably realized and put him in Mario Bros. and 3D World

it is not totally random that he gets his own game, he finally get what he deserves actually!! :)

I would expect 300-400k around the holidays, and 1.2-1.6m lifetime

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

your opinion...

Toad is loved by many, very popular character on Mario Kart Wii, Nintendo probably realized and put him in Mario Bros. and 3D World

it is not totally random that he gets his own game, he finally get what he deserves actually!! :)

I would expect 300-400k around the holidays, and 1.2-1.6m lifetime

I was talking about Yoshi, not Toad...

Enough to warrant a new sub series

100k this holiday maybe 1m lifetime.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I honestly can't see this pushing past 0.7 million LTD.

The big choices for games this holiday will either be MK8 or SSB4 (if it comes out by then). This Toad game doesn't even excite the core nintendo fans so I don't see it doing much for the casuals.

Although it's on a different system, Tingles game only sold 0.25 million LTD. Tingle is a noteworthy character but he appeals to a really small niche like Toad does. Other platformers like Rayman Legends and W101 on the Wii U sold less than 0.4 million LTD. Heck DKTF has yet to break 1 million LTD.

If this game gets pushed then I predict sales of 0.1 million FW and less than 0.7 million LTD. My estimates would be for ~0.4 million LTD.

DKC: TF is 600k after 5 months. And Donkey Kong is more popular than some Fungus puzzle game.