By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor! Tidux: Sony considering purchasing Crytek (huge mountain of salt)

Crytek is a good studio with talents and can survive well under sony. They took a gamble on the pc which failed them and now they would need to come under a parent company to guide them. Sony should buy them and use them to revive games like siphon filter, socom, eight days, the getaway etc.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

Around the Network

They have the technology! They can rebuild them!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

bananaking21 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
I really dislike these "insiders" . . .

This one seems ok to me.

That one sounds less belivable than this one, but if any of these rumors have an ounce of truth to them, then Sony will buy a studio soon. Now we just need to find out who. 

I will never take seriously an insider whose name reminds me of that bastard Tidus!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
AZWification said:

I will never take seriously an insider whose name reminds me of that bastard Tidus!

But Tidus is awesome!

Tidus was pretty bad . . .

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
AZWification said:

But Tidus is awesome!

No, he is not!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Ka-pi96 said:

But Tidus is awesome!

Tidus was pretty bad . . .

Why all the haters? Tidus is one of my favourite FF protagonists

I played FFX for the first time on my Vita and I loved the game but Tidus did annoy me. I really tried to like him as well but he was just unlikable in my opinion.

vivster said:
ps4tw said:

The games they make are bland as anything *BUT* the technology behind them is fantastic. Chuck SotC into CryEngine and you'd get something beautiful:

Something beautiful that would never run on any current gen console. It's easy to make something beautiful. The real challenge is to make it work with limited resources and Crytek sucks majorly at that. They just pile up more and more visual effects and after that are boasting that you would need to have a monster PC to actually run it. That's actually quite pitiful.

That's simply not true in any way at all, other than Crytek suck at optimisation. First of all, its hard to make something beautiful as you need a well styled engine to achieve good results. Secondly, with limited resources all you need is good optimisation (draw distance, polygons, textures etc) to ensure it'd work on a variety of platforms. The issue Crytek have is they just don't know how to optimise code well. If we look at Chrome Engine, great results were achieved on that with minimal power - I'm sure the same can be done with CryEngine. 

Ka-pi96 said:
DerNebel said:
I don't believe it and I don't think it would be a good idea for them to buy Crytek, but seriously how funny would it be if Sony bought a big third party developer after all the cries for Nintendo to buy this and that?

The tears of Nintendo fans would surely be the best part of this potential deal

Actually, no. Not many Nintendo fans care about Crytek. If it were Capcim then I would be pissed at Nintendo but not at my Wii U because I only have 1 Capcom game hahahaha.

Actually it may be a ruse. A false rumor to koax Microsoft to buy them for an exorbitant amount of money.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’