By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor! Tidux: Sony considering purchasing Crytek (huge mountain of salt)

I hope this is not true. Crytek is not worth buying as a studio and especially not worth in the current state when they are in debt. They don't even have any worthy IP's I can think of except for Timesplitters.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
brendude13 said:

Impossible. I thought only Nintendo were entitled to buy 3rd party studios.

Fortunately the purchase of multi million pound companies isn't up to fans on the internet.

yah but believing in such ridiculous things as Sony buying Crytek is up to the fans on the internet :)

I hope not, Crytek has never made a good game (IMO).

Acevil said:
LemonSlice said:
They couldn't buy a more boring studio.

I was gonna name a more boring studio...but I really couldn't.

The games they make are bland as anything *BUT* the technology behind them is fantastic. Chuck SotC into CryEngine and you'd get something beautiful:

The only thing of value Crytek could bring is a 'reboot' of the Crysis franchise, back to its open-world roots. Other than that they're worthless. Sony don't need more graphics tech.

I'd actually be angry if they wasted money on this.

Around the Network

They could make Crytek build character models and engines to speed up other studio's work

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Sal.Paradise said:
The only thing of value Crytek could bring is a 'reboot' of the Crysis franchise, back to its open-world roots. Other than that they're worthless. Sony don't need more graphics tech.

I'd actually be angry if they wasted money on this.

TimeSplitters?

If Sony passed on Atlus and not considering Capcom then I don't know why Sony would consider Crytek.

Would be a waste of money. Crytek should have stayed a pc only gaming company.

It wouldnt be so bad if Ninty actually got Crytech and got help from them making thier next console. But most other companies wouldnt benefit from them.