By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor! Tidux: Sony considering purchasing Crytek (huge mountain of salt)

Why would they waste money buying Crytek instead of a company like From Software?

Around the Network

Sony could buy Capcom... for crytek the only sense would be buying it for the price of their liability, paying just to get control and relieve the owners from it... paying real money would be silly even with their good graphics.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I hope it's false. Sony could spend their money on better things. They already have GG for shiny eye candy that may or may not have substance gameplay wise.

Capcom I'd support though.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

brendude13 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
The only thing of value Crytek could bring is a 'reboot' of the Crysis franchise, back to its open-world roots. Other than that they're worthless. Sony don't need more graphics tech.

I'd actually be angry if they wasted money on this.

TimeSplitters?

Not nostalgic value, monetary value.

Yeh that hurt me to say but I didn't lie.

Having a mature engine they could give to developers for games on their platform could be beneficial. It just depends on how much. If Cryengine is the next phyreengine for the west I think its a smart choice. Hope they don't overpay cause of their ip and development teams.

Around the Network

Yeah I bet many companies have considered buying Crytek. Most probably came to the same conclusion: not worth.

The only value in Crytek is buying their game engine. But Sony hardly needs that since they have studios with frikkin amazing game engines.

Most likely is MS with their strange fixation on Ryse. Might be worth for them.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Xevross said:

its coming from Tidux, which means it should be taken with a load of salt anyway and he says it must be taken with a pinch of salt. I'm not willing to believe this at all yet.

Will that much salt do? ;)

Xxain said:

I hope not. What would this studio bring to Sony that they dont already have?

an extremely bad developer. 

Crytek is great at tech, pretty meh at best at making games.

Sony already has guerrilla to fill that need.