By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor! Tidux: Sony considering purchasing Crytek (huge mountain of salt)

DerNebel said:
RolStoppable said:
DerNebel said:
I don't believe it and I don't think it would be a good idea for them to buy Crytek, but seriously how funny would it be if Sony bought a big third party developer after all the cries for Nintendo to buy this and that?

It would be incredibly funny. Nintendo does the smart thing and keeps their money while Sony wastes theirs.

That's how I see it as well, but apparently Nintendo is supposed to just buy out every third party studio out there.

Yeah, theres been some crazy stuff lately. Capcom, Sega, Platinum Games.lol

Around the Network
vivster said:
biglittlesps said:
vivster said:
Please not. Get a studio with actual talent please.

They have talent in technology. Sony might be purchasing for this which is really important for the long term of their platforms technology.

Looking at the PS4 and what studios like ND are able to utilize, I doubt that Sony needs help in the tech department.

Well, its for long term plan and they are going after two new platforms VR and PS Now which needs support in Technology development.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

PS Now is streaming technology, is that something that Crytek have much experience in? (genuine question).

I don't really see the fit personally. However if they were to get CryEngine running on PSVita... :D

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
biglittlesps said:
MikeRox said:
Why the hell would Sony want to buy Crytek having just quite dramatically trimmed their 1st party stable over the last year or two? That would just make no sense unless the financials were such that it would be cheaper for them to buy the company, balance the books, get the exclusivity of the software and release the games, than it would be to fund their own stuff from scratch.

For technology innovation and development in first party software of their platforms.

They already have studios with great technology though. Naughty Dog and Santa Monica are hardly slouches, and Guerilla know how to squeeze the juice out of hardware too.

They have, but with Crytek talent they might be able to pump more games if they can get better tools faster so Sony R&D of technology can move faster and will be able to scale their efforts to the new platforms VR(which needs very good technology as PS4 cant support with those resolutions for long term so it needs better tools to get more out of it in short time) and PS Now which sony wants to launch soon. 

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Crytec??hmmm!!!!.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:

PS Now is streaming technology, is that something that Crytek have much experience in? (genuine question).

I don't really see the fit personally. However if they were to get CryEngine running on PSVita... :D

They might not work but they can help in developing tools for the future which can be scaled on the backend for the games rendering etc., and mostly they are needed for Project morpheus games development as its going to use high resolutions and need more horse power so their talent can provide good support here and PS4 to get most out in short time.

Ryse 2 baby, more broken gifs

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Sony really going to acquire a pretty big studio when they are trying to post their first Profit in years? Not to mention Crytek isn't exactly a really hot commodity anymore. Doesn't make since for Sony and wouldn't help them turning a profit this year or any other year unless they plan on almost completely gutting Crytek. Just look at what the acquisition cost would be with all the debt Sony would acquire with the deal. This would be a bad move for any of the big 3.

They can go ahead and buy it but they will waste the little money they have.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I doubt they will.