By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor! Tidux: Sony considering purchasing Crytek (huge mountain of salt)

I hope not. What would this studio bring to Sony that they dont already have?

Around the Network

Hopefully not, seems like a waste of $.

But... Crytek Frankfurt's last good game was in 2007. Crytek Budapest, Black Sea, USA and Kiev are unproven and risky. Crytek UK are making a game that looks extremely similar to Killzone Shadow Fall.

This sounds like just a bad money sink. Hope there's no truth to this rumor. Some saved jobs are the only good that can come out of it.

4 ≈ One

I don't believe it and I don't think it would be a good idea for them to buy Crytek, but seriously how funny would it be if Sony bought a big third party developer after all the cries for Nintendo to buy this and that?

If SONY should buy somebody FROM SOFTWARE or Aquire would be good choices.

Around the Network

i'd say crytek is much more valuable for microsoft than for sony:
- crytek's focus on ego shooter + ryse
- crytek's military simulation deals... i am pretty sure the us won't like to see these done by a non american company
- far crysis is big on the pc - clearly ms territory
- cryengine is a good engine, but it seems to be expensive (?) but microsoft could benefit so much from cryengine maybe exclucive, but surely optimized for xbox one (they could even offer a free version for id@box)

let it crash and then feast on the remains

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

As long as its not Capcom, then more power to Sony.

Xxain said:
If SONY should buy somebody FROM SOFTWARE or Aquire would be good choices.

Yup.

What if Nintendo buys Crytek?

*crickets*

GribbleGrunger said:
LemonSlice said:
They couldn't buy a more boring studio.

They have the tech knowhow. All they need is a decent director and story teller at the helm.

Yep, Crytek has technology(not their IP's) which is the one Sony might be interested in for their platfoms like VR, PS now, Sony Online and PS4 so they can get some good graphics push with the Sony people who make good games using crytek technology as a long term future goal.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.