By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor! Tidux: Sony considering purchasing Crytek (huge mountain of salt)

Raziel123 said:
What if Nintendo buys Crytek?

*crickets*

lol That would be like MS buying Rare.....oh wait..

Around the Network

Why the hell would Sony want to buy Crytek having just quite dramatically trimmed their 1st party stable over the last year or two? That would just make no sense unless the financials were such that it would be cheaper for them to buy the company, balance the books, get the exclusivity of the software and release the games, than it would be to fund their own stuff from scratch.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Why the hell would Sony want to buy Crytek having just quite dramatically trimmed their 1st party stable over the last year or two? That would just make no sense unless the financials were such that it would be cheaper for them to buy the company, balance the books, get the exclusivity of the software and release the games, than it would be to fund their own stuff from scratch.

For technology innovation and development in first party software of their platforms.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Please not. Get a studio with actual talent please.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

I'd say some part of Crytek has talent. The newest part...like the folk that came from Vigil Games.

Around the Network
vivster said:

They have talent in technology. Sony might be purchasing for this which is really important for the long term of their platforms technology.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

biglittlesps said:
vivster said:

They have talent in technology. Sony might be purchasing for this which is really important for the long term of their platforms technology.

Looking at the PS4 and what studios like ND are able to utilize, I doubt that Sony needs help in the tech department.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

i cant see sony buying crytek but i can see them buying ips and the such from them

RolStoppable said:
DerNebel said:
I don't believe it and I don't think it would be a good idea for them to buy Crytek, but seriously how funny would it be if Sony bought a big third party developer after all the cries for Nintendo to buy this and that?

It would be incredibly funny. Nintendo does the smart thing and keeps their money while Sony wastes theirs.

That's how I see it as well, but apparently Nintendo is supposed to just buy out every third party studio out there.

biglittlesps said:
MikeRox said:

For technology innovation and development in first party software of their platforms.

They already have studios with great technology though. Naughty Dog and Santa Monica are hardly slouches, and Guerilla know how to squeeze the juice out of hardware too.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.