By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor! Tidux: Sony considering purchasing Crytek (huge mountain of salt)

HokageTenshi said:

M$ should buy Crytek since they being more supporting the XB brand...

nobody should buy crytek. they are without a doubt one of the worst AAA devs in the business, and they rapidly expanded, all for what? a badly made Ryse, a forgotten Crysis 3, a franchise that mind you, nobody cares about anymore. a F2P game that flopped and now a homefront game, a franchise that had a lot of hope from THQ but its failure was once of the reasons they are no more.

they are bad developers, sure, cryengine is a great engine. but naughty dog and GG make outstanding looks games for sony and 343i proved that it can meet the visual bar set to high by these devs and maybe even surprase it. buying a huge company that makes so little just doenst make sense. 

Around the Network

Please save Timesplitters

I really dislike these "insiders" . . .

The more, the merrier I guess =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

TheGoldenBoy said:
I really dislike these "insiders" . . .

This one seems ok to me.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Please not. Get a studio with actual talent please.

I agree..

ps4tw said:
Acevil said:
LemonSlice said:
They couldn't buy a more boring studio.

I was gonna name a more boring studio...but I really couldn't.

The games they make are bland as anything *BUT* the technology behind them is fantastic. Chuck SotC into CryEngine and you'd get something beautiful:

Something beautiful that would never run on any current gen console. It's easy to make something beautiful. The real challenge is to make it work with limited resources and Crytek sucks majorly at that. They just pile up more and more visual effects and after that are boasting that you would need to have a monster PC to actually run it. That's actually quite pitiful.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sony already has an overrated FPS dev. They're called Guerilla Games. They don't need another one.

But what if they are in it for the engine?
Unlike other companies licencing engines, as a platform holder, Sony could heavily optimise it for their systems and make porting a much easier process and cut out other companies like epic which either means developers make more money, or that money goes into better development of the games.

Ka-pi96 said:
bananaking21 said:

a franchise that had a lot of hope from THQ but its failure was once of the reasons they are no more.

That only just occured to me. Homefront must be cursed or something.

and history will repeat itself here.