By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

tripenfall said:
I would rather see Naughty Dog working on new games rather than remaking a game that came out last year. Ok yes the visuals will be improved on this version but the visuals on the PS3 version were fantastic considering the weak hardware. I'm sure everyone could have just been happy with that.

They are working on new games.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
DerNebel said:

So how do people still refuse to understand the point of TLOU RE?

Because it's yet another port.  Not a cross gen title.  A port.

So what's the difference between a port and a cross-gen title or any other multiplatform title?

They have one lead platform and every additional version is a port in most parts. Doesn't matter if all versions are released the same day, with a month difference, half a year, a whole year or ten years.

And the fact that Sony and Naughty Dog didn't announce the PS4-version earlier doesn't mean that they hadn't planned an additional PS4 version right from the beginning... it was probably planned cross-gen years ago.

Most of the people I see complaining are the ones that dont own PS4s, go figure.

tripenfall said:
I would rather see Naughty Dog working on new games rather than remaking a game that came out last year. Ok yes the visuals will be improved on this version but the visuals on the PS3 version were fantastic considering the weak hardware. I'm sure everyone could have just been happy with that.

The thing is the remaster is barely a drain on resources. However, since they came out with a game last year, We'd have to wait till the end of 2015 to see a new game anyway, even if TLOU: RE didn't exist. 

So the choices are between TLOU:RE this year and UC4 next year or something or Nothing this year from Naughty Dog.

I will admit, I'd rather Naughty Dog do a Savage Starlight game, then Uncharted but even then it would still be earliest 2015. Its not like Tlou: Re would be replaced by something else.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

LordPhil said:

Most of the people I see complaining are the ones that dont own PS4s, go figure.

What has that to do with anything?

Around the Network

Since this is currently the most active TLOU thread, im just gonna put this here

LordPhil said:

ive noticed that to, its a bit of jealousy i think that sony can remaster a 1yo game and still get as much attention as it is lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

KLXVER said:
HoloDust said:
KLXVER said:

Since the crash of 83...

Yeah...completely different reasons and scenarios.

Suggestion - learn your VG history bit better for any future meaningful conversation.

I probably know it better than you tbh. The crash happened because the market got flooded with games from lazy developers...

I've been gaming since 1980, not sure about you, not that is really relevant for how crash happened, if you haven't been in retail or such in NA during the crash.

And the crash happened cause of flood of bad games from lazy developers, not great games that get even better with remastered editions.

Honestly, all these 'arguments' I see here from naysayers can be put under under same, 'hater' category.

HoloDust said:

I've been gaming since 1980, not sure about you, not that is really relevant for how crash happened, if you haven't been in retail or such in NA during the crash.

And the crash happened cause of flood of bad games from lazy developers, not great games that get even better with remastered editions.

Honestly, all these 'arguments' I see here from naysayers can be put under under same, 'hater' category.

Well I never said TLOUR was a bad game. I responded to someone saying "When was having more options a bad thing?"

Well, I still struggle to get the point of GUN on 360, so yes, I struggle to get the point of TLOU Remastered :P