By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

kupomogli said:
Conina said:
kupomogli said:
DerNebel said:

So how do people still refuse to understand the point of TLOU RE?

Because it's yet another port.  Not a cross gen title.  A port.

So what's the difference between a port and a cross-gen title or any other multiplatform title?

They have one lead platform and every additional version is a port in most parts. Doesn't matter if all versions are released the same day, with a month difference, half a year, a whole year or ten years.

And the fact that Sony and Naughty Dog didn't announce the PS4-version earlier doesn't mean that they hadn't planned an additional PS4 version right from the beginning... it was probably planned cross-gen years ago.

That's even worse then because they're holding back one version in hopes that people buy it a second time when they release it on the console people would rather have had it on in the first place.  Not a fan of devs that fuck their fanbase over because of greed either.

So they should have delayed the ps3 version in order to release on ps4 at the same time... /facepalm

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
KLXVER said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Wright said:

Well, I still struggle to get the point of GUN on 360, so yes, I struggle to get the point of TLOU Remastered :P

I guess the point is that a remastered port is literally better than nothing and better for consumers then including a 200$ ps3 in the PS4.

Its not like its replacing a game, if Naughty Dog didn't release this, then they wouldn't release anything for the PS4 until 2015 at the earliest. And with the PS4 having no gaems, this is clearly not an option.

The PS3 game could be a download for PS+ subscribers...

Which still cannot be played on a PS4.

They cant make a PS3 game as a PS4 download...?

Being digital just changes the storage medium, the game is still PS3 code which is designed to run on PS3 hardware. Since the PS4 uses completely different architecture, it either has to be emulated, which requires hardware that is at least 200+ in the ps4(alot more power in the system to emulate via software or an actual PS3's cell to emulate via hardware), or it has to be recoded or ported to the PS4.

Sure they could port it as is to the PS3, but the advantages they have of remastering it are very substansial for a very minor added cost.

In other words, they could sell like 15, 000 copies for 30 bucks for a PS3 game on a PS4 or 

they could sell 900,000+ copies for 50 bucks for a PS3 game that looks like a PS4 game

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Pokéboy1991 said:
kupomogli said:
Conina said:
kupomogli said:
DerNebel said:

So how do people still refuse to understand the point of TLOU RE?

Because it's yet another port.  Not a cross gen title.  A port.

So what's the difference between a port and a cross-gen title or any other multiplatform title?

They have one lead platform and every additional version is a port in most parts. Doesn't matter if all versions are released the same day, with a month difference, half a year, a whole year or ten years.

And the fact that Sony and Naughty Dog didn't announce the PS4-version earlier doesn't mean that they hadn't planned an additional PS4 version right from the beginning... it was probably planned cross-gen years ago.

That's even worse then because they're holding back one version in hopes that people buy it a second time when they release it on the console people would rather have had it on in the first place.  Not a fan of devs that fuck their fanbase over because of greed either.

So they should have delayed the ps3 version in order to release on ps4 at the same time... /facepalm

Like he said, don't quote him on them having a planned release date, but if they did, they should have been honest and let people know both versions were in development and let thet PS4 version release as a launch title.  Not wait around to get all the suckers to purchase the game for the PS3 and then announce it for the PS4 which a lot of them will purchase again.  Like I said.  I'm not a fan when a company knowingly screws their fanbase over.  Did they?  Maybe, maybe not.  We don't know, but my comment is in reply to his comment what theyy could have did, and I think if they did, it's even worse.

DarkD said:

It's too soon is the problem. Nintendo waited 2-3 generations before remastering their stuff, but Sony is doing their stuff just a year after the original release. That's shameless to me.

I also don't think it's going to be a good idea when the new version isn't that much better looking than the old version. Why would you buy it if there's barely a difference between the two versions of the game.

I also don't see what all of you are expecting from it.  Wouldn't you rather have Naughty Dog working on something new, maybe a second installment of the game rather than remastering a game you've all already played?

You seem to think that remastering a game is a huge effort that will hinder the development of other games. Please enlighten us why Uncharted 4 is coming next year then, how many people are working on this project, etc. etc.

Euphoria14 said:

They must also not understand the point of Wind Waker HD, GTA V on PS4/XBone or GoTY Editions.

Actually I don't see anyone really complaining about those, but PS4 is winning right now, so TLoU warrants complaining, since it costs $50, just like WWHD and actually less than your typical GoTY Edition.

Just ignore those people.

The differance here is that the original WW came out 12 years ago in SD.  TLoU came out last year and was already in HD.  I'm sure plenty of "fans" will still gobble it up though.  Isn't that the saying "A fan is born every minute"...well, it's something like that.

Stop hating and start playing.

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:
DarkD said:

It's too soon is the problem. Nintendo waited 2-3 generations before remastering their stuff, but Sony is doing their stuff just a year after the original release. That's shameless to me.

I also don't think it's going to be a good idea when the new version isn't that much better looking than the old version. Why would you buy it if there's barely a difference between the two versions of the game.

I also don't see what all of you are expecting from it.  Wouldn't you rather have Naughty Dog working on something new, maybe a second installment of the game rather than remastering a game you've all already played?

You seem to think that remastering a game is a huge effort that will hinder the development of other games. Please enlighten us why Uncharted 4 is coming next year then, how many people are working on this project, etc. etc.

Exactly. What people don't seem to understand is that they think remastering this game is somehow replacing the development of a game ND could be working on. Fact is ND doesn't have yearly releases. TLOU was made last year, so the next time we could see a new game would be 2015 regardless of the TLOU: RE.

It is not TLOU: RE vs A New Game

Its TLOU: RE vs Nothing aka as 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

michael_stutzer said:
DarkD said:

I know its not a huge undertaking, but there are better things to give this kind of treatment to.  I would actually equate this move to locked on disc content.  They could have said from the start that they were gonna remake the game on the PS4, but no, they hid that so they could get everyone to buy another one on the PS4.  

I will get the game regardless of what people want to say.

Porcupine_I said:

I remember pretty distinctively that everyone and their dog said that TLOU should have been a PS4 game, and that Sony should at least port it after it's incredible success.

Edit: Actually no, i remembered it wrong. People complained and called Sony stupid for not porting it. 

Arguments shift when it suits an agenda.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

DarkD said:
michael_stutzer said:
DarkD said:

I know its not a huge undertaking, but there are better things to give this kind of treatment to.  I would actually equate this move to locked on disc content.  They could have said from the start that they were gonna remake the game on the PS4, but no, they hid that so they could get everyone to buy another one on the PS4.  

If they announced it any time before the PS4 released, people would've expected it to be a PS4 launch game. Why would they also purposely have their consoles competing against each other. That is all kinds of stupid.