By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - I love Taylor Swift.

Netyaroze said:
I dont know a single song of her. Not one.

Well,  I think that's okay, but you should do some research on her. Thank you for not bashing her even if you don't know her.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
VanceIX said:

Oh my goodness, look, I consider my self a fairly liberal person but you're taking it to the next level.

OK, so are you saying that men should be forced to "idolize" singers who love singing about breakups, getting drunk, and all the other bullshit that singers like Taylor Swift love? Or else we are sexist? Calm down. 

No, I don't "idolize" any female singers. Is that because they are female? Hell nah. I just like the alternate rock scene, and there are simply much more male singers in that genre than there are female. 

Guys just tend to like genres like rock. Girls tend to like genres like pop. Is it bad either way? No. If I said it was, then I would be sexist. There are people that don't adhere to those standards, and that's fine. Everyone is an individual and has their own beliefs and what they relate to. Telling someone they are sexist because of their choise in music is selfish beyond belief. 

That comment proved you don't even know her music. Her songs are not all about break ups. No it doesn't make you sexist, but to say "HEY I CAN ONLY LIKE MALE ARTISTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T DISCUSS THINGS FEMALES DO" is a bit sexist. I'm a male who can relate to the power behind Taylor's lyrics.

Why not Paramore. Hayley Williams.. She commands that genre.

Guys tend to like rock? Says who? That's a false statistic and a stereotype, plus, rock is a dying genre.

Says who? Says the popularity of bands like Imagine Dragons, Linkin Park, and Green Day. Also, males tend to like hip-hop, while females don't. Males tend to like playing Battlefield or Call of Duty, females don't. Notice I said "tend to", not "only". It's just the way things are, mmkay? There are exceptions, but the majority of the demographics is male.

And where did I sa"HEY I CAN ONLY LIKE MALE ARTISTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T DISCUSS THINGS FEMALES DO"? I mean, if I can relate to a song then I'll like it. Of course. I don't relate to most of the songs Taylor Swift sings, so I don't like her. I can relate to the songs Cryoshell sings, so I like them (btw, Cryoshell is an alternate rock band with a female lead).

And why not Paramore? Well, they are one band in a an ocean of bands. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Ps3 said:
n-skyline said:
She's got nothing on Ed

Ed Sheeran? lol He's good, but he's basically a less cool male clone version of Taylor. Plus, he can't even sell more than 200k albums in 1 week. Taylor can sell 1.3 million in a week.

Wow, that's a lot! Nobody sells that much anymore. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ps3 said:
n-skyline said:
She's got nothing on Ed

Ed Sheeran? lol He's good, but he's basically a less cool male clone version of Taylor. Plus, he can't even sell more than 200k albums in 1 week. Taylor can sell 1.3 million in a week.

If Ed was pretty like swifty and didnt look like a ginger troll he would sell 1.3million in a day

Ps3 said:

Her music has changed the world and has planted her as one of the greatest artists ever. She's up there with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Mr Hendrix, some might even think she's better! I just wanted to renew my love on this forum with my love for Taylor. I hope everyone is doing well!

If you like her, that's fine. But putting her in the same class as the Beatles, Pink Floyd and Hendrix is incorrect. Why? Because she can't write music by herself, that's why. Take a look at the song writing credits. She uses a studio owned, world renowned song writer to write her hits for her. Floyd, the Beatles and Hendrix did it all on their own. She isn't talented enough for that.

In short, you're being duped. She's pretty much just a manufactured pop star.

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
n-skyline said:
She's got nothing on Ed

if there is one place that definitively proves that there is no correlation between quality and sales in the entertainment industry, it's music

Ps3 said:
brendude13 said:

I LOVE watching her music videos.

On mute.

Okay, then let's try this. If Taylor sang like a man would you have it off mute?

Certainly not. The deeper voice would definitely be a boner killer.

brendude13 said:
Ps3 said:
brendude13 said:

I LOVE watching her music videos.

On mute.

Okay, then let's try this. If Taylor sang like a man would you have it off mute?

Certainly not. The deeper voice would definitely be a boner killer.

But that's sexist!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Oh no... not you again! We've been over this before. Good for you that you love Taylor as much as you do, but please... spare us comments like "Her music has changed the world and has planted her as one of the greatest artists ever. She's up there with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Mr Hendrix" because that's just godsdamn flaming

I agree that shes cute and I wouldn't mind bang her up the pooper and leave her 20 bucks before I leave.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I've listened to some of her songs before, but she's only OK in my book...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---