By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - I love Taylor Swift.

VanceIX said:

Prove what fact? 

http://variety.com/2013/digital/features/womengamers1200683299-1200683299/

Males account for 80% of the Call of Duty demographic and 85% of the GTA demographic.

Is it wrong that females don't play core games as much as men? Hell no. Is it wrong wanting all males to like Taylor Swift, and calling them sexist if they don't? Hell yes.

Okay but that doesn't mean 80% of men play video games. Like I said, the video game players are just a drop in the bucket.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
celador said:

I was hoping for lots of pics

Music wise I'm indifferent.  Would never have her songs in my personal collection but she doesn't annoy me when she comes on the radio like some artists do

I'm also disappointed. We're almost 100 posts in and still not one picture of her (not including Ps3's avi).

Ps3 said:
VanceIX said:

Prove what fact? 

http://variety.com/2013/digital/features/womengamers1200683299-1200683299/

Males account for 80% of the Call of Duty demographic and 85% of the GTA demographic.

Is it wrong that females don't play core games as much as men? Hell no. Is it wrong wanting all males to like Taylor Swift, and calling them sexist if they don't? Hell yes.

Okay but that doesn't mean 80% of men play video games. Like I said, the video game players are just a drop in the bucket.

And where did I say 80% of men play videogames? I said Call of Duty, not videogames. No need to put words in my mouth.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:

That's just not true at all! The Beatles made a few covers before they changed the world with their music, and Hendrix covered both "All along the watch tower" AND "Sgt Peppers lonely hearts club band" while he was on top of his career and revolutanizing the world with his guitar playing. And Elvis didn't write his own music; all he did was revolutanize, not only music, but pop culture and teenage culture and more or less created the music industry as we know it today. I mean, if Taylor can do a fraction of any of that it's alright to call her great even though she doesn't write her own music. But is it's looking now.... she'll never be great

WTF are you talking about? Taylor Swift wrote every single one of her songs too.

WTF are YOU talking about?! I never said she didn't write any of her own songs. All I said that Beatles, Hendrix and Elvis covered songs or didn't write songs themselves, so they're kinda like Taylor. But I'm agreeing with you, that's the important point! Taylor might co-write a lot of her things, but the Beatles, Hendrix and Elvis plain out COVERED songs! My gods... if those guys only had some actual talent!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Mirson said:
celador said:

I was hoping for lots of pics

Music wise I'm indifferent.  Would never have her songs in my personal collection but she doesn't annoy me when she comes on the radio like some artists do

I'm also disappointed. We're almost 100 posts in and still not one picture of her (not including Ps3's avi).

I will qoute myself: I agree that shes cute and I wouldn't mind bang her up the pooper and give her 20 bucks before I leave.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Why do people still bother to argue with Taylor stans? It's a lost cause. They never stop.

prayformojo said:
Ps3 said:

Her music has changed the world and has planted her as one of the greatest artists ever. She's up there with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Mr Hendrix, some might even think she's better! I just wanted to renew my love on this forum with my love for Taylor. I hope everyone is doing well!

If you like her, that's fine. But putting her in the same class as the Beatles, Pink Floyd and Hendrix is incorrect. Why? Because she can't write music by herself, that's why. Take a look at the song writing credits. She uses a studio owned, world renowned song writer to write her hits for her. Floyd, the Beatles and Hendrix did it all on their own. She isn't talented enough for that.

In short, you're being duped. She's pretty much just a manufactured pop star.

Hendrix didn't do it all by himself either one of his best known song is a cover of a song that was written and performed by Bob Dylan and the Beatles started out as a cover band also.  As a matter of fact there are very few if any musicians that only cover their own stuff.  Taylor Swift does co write a lot of her own music but that doesn't automatically make her super talented I still wouldn't put her in the same league as Tina Turner or Pat Benatar even though those two didn't write any of the material they covered.

Ps3 said:
DanneSandin said:

That's just not true at all! The Beatles made a few covers before they changed the world with their music, and Hendrix covered both "All along the watch tower" AND "Sgt Peppers lonely hearts club band" while he was on top of his career and revolutanizing the world with his guitar playing. And Elvis didn't write his own music; all he did was revolutanize, not only music, but pop culture and teenage culture and more or less created the music industry as we know it today. I mean, if Taylor can do a fraction of any of that it's alright to call her great even though she doesn't write her own music. But is it's looking now.... she'll never be great

WTF are you talking about? Taylor Swift wrote every single one of her songs too.

Obviously, you never bothered to check.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_(Taylor_Swift_album)

Check the credits. Anything but just "Taylor" denotes that she didn't do it by herself. Take "I knew you were trouble" for instance. Max Martin, a famous song writer who writes song for pop stars and Shellback, another famous song writer who writes music for other people are listed in the writers. Most of her hits are written by other people. Swift simply writes the words.

She's NOT in the Beatles of Floyds class because of this. If you need help from professional song writers to be famous, you're not that good to begin with.

I don't know about "love" but yeah, she's pretty hot.

Oh, wait, you mean you love her as an artist, lol. 

Meh, not my thing, but she's definitely not among the worst out there either.

Chris Hu said:
prayformojo said:
Ps3 said:

Her music has changed the world and has planted her as one of the greatest artists ever. She's up there with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Mr Hendrix, some might even think she's better! I just wanted to renew my love on this forum with my love for Taylor. I hope everyone is doing well!

If you like her, that's fine. But putting her in the same class as the Beatles, Pink Floyd and Hendrix is incorrect. Why? Because she can't write music by herself, that's why. Take a look at the song writing credits. She uses a studio owned, world renowned song writer to write her hits for her. Floyd, the Beatles and Hendrix did it all on their own. She isn't talented enough for that.

In short, you're being duped. She's pretty much just a manufactured pop star.

Hendrix didn't do it all by himself either one of his best known song is a cover of a song that was written and performed by Bob Dylan and the Beatles started out as a cover band also.  As a matter of fact there are very few if any musicians that only cover their own stuff.  Taylor Swift does co write a lot of her own music but that doesn't automatically make her super talented I still wouldn't put her in the same league as Tina Turner or Pat Benatar even though those two didn't write any of the material they covered.

I'm not talking about cover songs. I'm talking about originals. Hendrix wrote ALL of his own music and so did the Beatles. Even the first Beatles albums featured half covers, half their own songs. They never hired anyone to write their music. They wrote their own. Pink Floyd as well. 

There is a difference in releasing a cover version of a song here and there and actually releasing music under your name that some ghost writer wrote for you because you can't hack it artistically.