By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - I love Taylor Swift.

VanceIX said:

Says who? Says the popularity of bands like Imagine Dragons, Linkin Park, and Green Day. Also, males tend to like hip-hop, while females don't. Males tend to like playing Battlefield or Call of Duty, females don't. Notice I said "tend to", not "only". It's just the way things are, mmkay? There are exceptions, but the majority of the demographics is male.

That might be the most sexist I've seen in my 6 years on this forum. Please prove this fact. Just because the males on this forum play video games only represents 1 small drop in the bucket.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
Ps3 said:

Her music has changed the world and has planted her as one of the greatest artists ever. She's up there with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Mr Hendrix, some might even think she's better! I just wanted to renew my love on this forum with my love for Taylor. I hope everyone is doing well!

If you like her, that's fine. But putting her in the same class as the Beatles, Pink Floyd and Hendrix is incorrect. Why? Because she can't write music by herself, that's why. Take a look at the song writing credits. She uses a studio owned, world renowned song writer to write her hits for her. Floyd, the Beatles and Hendrix did it all on their own. She isn't talented enough for that.

In short, you're being duped. She's pretty much just a manufactured pop star.

Are you joking? Taylor Swift wrote every single one of her songs, some may have been co written, but she wrote every single one of her songs and most were 100% by herself and a few she wrote like 90% of the song.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Up with the ginger, down with the blonde minger! haha

prayformojo said:
Ps3 said:

Her music has changed the world and has planted her as one of the greatest artists ever. She's up there with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Mr Hendrix, some might even think she's better! I just wanted to renew my love on this forum with my love for Taylor. I hope everyone is doing well!

If you like her, that's fine. But putting her in the same class as the Beatles, Pink Floyd and Hendrix is incorrect. Why? Because she can't write music by herself, that's why. Take a look at the song writing credits. She uses a studio owned, world renowned song writer to write her hits for her. Floyd, the Beatles and Hendrix did it all on their own. She isn't talented enough for that.

In short, you're being duped. She's pretty much just a manufactured pop star.

That's just not true at all! The Beatles made a few covers before they changed the world with their music, and Hendrix covered both "All along the watch tower" AND "Sgt Peppers lonely hearts club band" while he was on top of his career and revolutanizing the world with his guitar playing. And Elvis didn't write his own music; all he did was revolutanize, not only music, but pop culture and teenage culture and more or less created the music industry as we know it today. I mean, if Taylor can do a fraction of any of that it's alright to call her great even though she doesn't write her own music. But is it's looking now.... she'll never be great

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Members of ATRL should NOT be allowed to sign up on here.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:

Certainly not. The deeper voice would definitely be a boner killer.

So you're saying women are nothing but show .

Ps3 said:
VanceIX said:

Says who? Says the popularity of bands like Imagine Dragons, Linkin Park, and Green Day. Also, males tend to like hip-hop, while females don't. Males tend to like playing Battlefield or Call of Duty, females don't. Notice I said "tend to", not "only". It's just the way things are, mmkay? There are exceptions, but the majority of the demographics is male.

That might be the most sexist I've seen in my 6 years on this forum. Please prove this fact. Just because the males on this forum play video games only represents 1 small drop in the bucket.

Prove what fact? 

http://variety.com/2013/digital/features/womengamers1200683299-1200683299/

Males account for 80% of the Call of Duty demographic and 85% of the GTA demographic.

Is it wrong that females don't play core games as much as men? Hell no. Is it wrong wanting all males to like Taylor Swift, and calling them sexist if they don't? Hell yes.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

green_sky said:
VanceIX said:

How is it sexist? Sure, some women do, but if you did a poll, most women would associate with female artists more. It's just the way things are.

I like Adele, I like Evanescence, and I like Cryoshell. Does that mean I "idolize" them? Hell no. They aren't my favorites, and that's that. It doesn't make me sexist. 

Since you are sort of new here. I should tell you that nothing can defeat the "Ps3" when it comes to Taylor Swift. Not even Ps4, if there is one. Check his old thread titles.

Don't forget their great point about how men should be giving birth to babies, cuz let's be fair and all.

bubble gum music,unlistenable

shes also a big tall giant human walking female sasquatch... i dont get it

DanneSandin said:

That's just not true at all! The Beatles made a few covers before they changed the world with their music, and Hendrix covered both "All along the watch tower" AND "Sgt Peppers lonely hearts club band" while he was on top of his career and revolutanizing the world with his guitar playing. And Elvis didn't write his own music; all he did was revolutanize, not only music, but pop culture and teenage culture and more or less created the music industry as we know it today. I mean, if Taylor can do a fraction of any of that it's alright to call her great even though she doesn't write her own music. But is it's looking now.... she'll never be great

WTF are you talking about? Taylor Swift wrote every single one of her songs too.