By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - I love Taylor Swift.

NintendoPie said:
Ps3 said:


VGCHartz sexism at it's finest.

Is that your way of coping with people who don't hold Taylor Swift in as high regard as you? Just label them "sexist"?


No, because that was just a sexist comment.



 

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
VanceIX said:

How is it sexist? Sure, some women do, but if you did a poll, most women would associate with female artists more. It's just the way things are.

I like Adele, I like Evanescence, and I like Cryoshell. Does that mean I "idolize" them? Hell no. They aren't my favorites, and that's that. It doesn't make me sexist. 

That's totally not true. Everyone is different and loves different artists regardless of sex. We live in 2014 not 1950.

 

Okay, do you idolize any female artist at all? Explain why you don't. Does it scare your masculinity? Or do you, and you just don't admit to liking a female artist in fear that you'll be judged.

Oh my goodness, look, I consider my self a fairly liberal person but you're taking it to the next level.

OK, so are you saying that men should be forced to "idolize" singers who love singing about breakups, getting drunk, and all the other bullshit that singers like Taylor Swift love? Or else we are sexist? Calm down. 

No, I don't "idolize" any female singers. Is that because they are female? Hell nah. I just like the alternate rock scene, and there are simply much more male singers in that genre than there are female. 

Guys just tend to like genres like rock. Girls tend to like genres like pop. Is it bad either way? No. If I said it was, then I would be sexist. There are people that don't adhere to those standards, and that's fine. Everyone is an individual and has their own beliefs and what they relate to. Telling someone they are sexist because of their choise in music is selfish beyond belief. 



                                                                                                               You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Slade6alpha said:
I feel like I'm the only one in this thread talking about her music :(

You are, and that's probably because Ps3 didn't make this thread about her music, but about how she is "the best artist in the world." More people were going to argue that point than anything else.



Slade6alpha said:
I feel like I'm the only one in this thread talking about her music :(

Indeed. Do you not think this is a problem?

If you wanna create a sexism thread good, but don't focus it on Taylor Swift. If not, then get back on topic please!



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

VanceIX said:

Oh my goodness, look, I consider my self a fairly liberal person but you're taking it to the next level.

OK, so are you saying that men should be forced to "idolize" singers who love singing about breakups, getting drunk, and all the other bullshit that singers like Taylor Swift love? Or else we are sexist? Calm down. 

No, I don't "idolize" any female singers. Is that because they are female? Hell nah. I just like the alternate rock scene, and there are simply much more male singers in that genre than there are female. 

Guys just tend to like genres like rock. Girls tend to like genres like pop. Is it bad either way? No. If I said it was, then I would be sexist. There are people that don't adhere to those standards, and that's fine. Everyone is an individual and has their own beliefs and what they relate to. Telling someone they are sexist because of their choise in music is selfish beyond belief. 

That comment proved you don't even know her music. Her songs are not all about break ups. No it doesn't make you sexist, but to say "HEY I CAN ONLY LIKE MALE ARTISTS BECAUSE THEY DON'T DISCUSS THINGS FEMALES DO" is a bit sexist. I'm a male who can relate to the power behind Taylor's lyrics.

Why not Paramore. Hayley Williams.. She commands that genre.

Guys tend to like rock? Says who? That's a false statistic and a stereotype, plus, rock is a dying genre.



 

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network

She has never met a man she couldn't dump, and then flog an album full of trite songs about.

She has never ever ever ever ever ever released a song I could tolerate. The key of awesome just about managed it.



I LOVE watching her music videos.

On mute.



I was hoping for lots of pics

Music wise I'm indifferent.  Would never have her songs in my personal collection but she doesn't annoy me when she comes on the radio like some artists do



brendude13 said:

I LOVE watching her music videos.

On mute.

This guy knows it.



Nintendo and PC gamer

TM25 said:
She has never met a man she couldn't dump, and then flog an album full of trite songs about.

She has never ever ever ever ever ever released a song I could tolerate. The key of awesome just about managed it.


Have you ever listened to a Taylor album from beginning to end? If you have then you wouldn't have even made that comment because all her songs aren't about that.



 

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!