By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kazuo Hirai should be fired.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Anfebious said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Stop dancing around the point, shut the entire company down and sell off the profitable parts send em all home with golden parachutes and just say fuck it to the consumers and shareholders. That's what you want right?

I mean you can stop pretending like you care about the wellbeing of a billion dollar industry, the millions of people that work there or the country supported by its infrastructure and admit that the company who manufacturers the boxes of plastic you prefer sells a couple million more is more important than that?

I mean what are you waiting for?

I only want to see Sony grow and be a healthy company. I don't care about that petty console war you speak about.

You refers to the entire thread

Yah right! Why stop with Kaz? Why not save the trouble and fire everyone? I mean if Kaz couldn't fix Sony in two years what hope is there for anyone else? Sony being healthy is completely fucking irrelevant to this site, this is a gaming site, if Sony doesn't have PS and isn't making games then we'll not only would I not give a flying fuck about them, but it would have no place being mentioned on this site any longer. So being healthy means nothing honestly. And that petty console war is the only reason Sony is even relevant on this site.

Sony currently owns PS so you should be concerned. If Sony goes down, PS goes down with them. 

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

You're a Sony fanboy?! lmao

Give it a few years.

Lets see if Amazing Spiderman 3 changes the situation.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Anfebious said:

Sony currently owns PS so you should be concerned. If Sony goes down, PS goes down with them. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Probably the single most frustrating thing to me about this forum is the complete lack of business sense that an overwhelming majority here seem to have.

There's rules to business and one of the BIGGEST rules is ~
SCARED MONEY DONT MAKE MONEY.

In other words, you have to invest before you can reap profits and this is something that can easily take a large amount of time depending on what you're investing in. So if you want to look at the financial reports then while it may appear that Sony is losing money, that money is being spent now to be made back in the future.

Kaz has been in charge of Sony for how long now? Two years? Do you think that any president could fix America within two years after the recent recession? HELL NO. Kaz has spent the past two years cleaning up the damage that's been done to Sony. This is a massive responsibility and a massive undertaking! He's trimming off fat and getting the company back in shape. It's actually pretty easy to see.

Here's a major indicator of the true state of things that nobody brings up, but it's something that I personally have been apart of. At the beginning of 2013 Sony stock prices had been around $12 when I invested $1000 to become a shareholder (this was my first trade ever btw). Within 5 months they had peaked by around $21 per share. This also happened to be the time when I sold because I needed the money but regardless, the value of their stock has trended upward since Kaz took over and it's flatlined around a $17 average since that time. A lot of you may not have faith in Kaz, but obviously the investors do otherwise we would see the stock price trending down, not up.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Anfebious said:

We go back to the OP. Kaz should be fired to avoid it. But this disscussion is over, my brain cells are tired.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Intrinsic said:
FiliusDei said:
I doubt anyone could help sony. They are financially screwed.

Very insightful, I am sure if I asked you what was wrong with sony now as a company besides them posting losses you would be completely clueless.

To OP. You being a sony fanboy obviously has nothing to do with understanding how corporations work. You think you can just change whoever is in charge of a company and instantly turn around in 2 years what it has taken over ten yers of damage to do? 

I would edit and apologize If I were you... calling someone a fanboy can get you banned, and I think FiliusDei is more inclined towards Nintendo.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Intrinsic said:
FiliusDei said:
I doubt anyone could help sony. They are financially screwed.

Very insightful, I am sure if I asked you what was wrong with sony now as a company besides them posting losses you would be completely clueless.

To OP. You being a sony fanboy obviously has nothing to do with understanding how corporations work. You think you can just change whoever is in charge of a company and instantly turn around in 2 years what it has taken over ten yers of damage to do? 

I would edit and apologize If I were you... calling someone a fanboy can get you banned, and I think FiliusDei is more inclined towards Nintendo.

You should probably read the OP, since the OP referred to himself as a Sony fanboy.

Kaz gifs will save the company

Nintendo and PC gamer

Meh, I doubt anyone else could do much better. Also at this point Sony is probably like GM too big to ever totally fail. I'm sure they could get bailed out by the Japanese government eventually our end up like Chrysler (now owned by the FIAT group) and get bought out by another big company.