By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kazuo Hirai should be fired.

I think he is doing a good job, but it wil take several years until the company gets stability.

That is, if they do... I have to admit many of their projects could be huge flops. Blu-Ray wasted too much money to kill HD DVD, Blu-Ray Archival can be obsolete by the time it comes out, 4kTVs didn't convinced me until now, Vita floped, Morpheus sounds too risky and i don't know how well PSnow and PSTV are going to be.

If you consider movies are a very risky investment by default and they could get another After Earth+White House year combo, i can understand if the stock holders get worried.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

I am a Sony Fanboy and have no problem with anyone calling me that (Anfebious isn't a sony fanboy, but he supports Nintendo as far as I know), even though the rules are explicit about calling someone fanboy so he should be careful.

What you are is irrelevant to what you're commenting on:

Anfebious said:

And this is coming from a Sony fanboy.

That was in the OP, which was being replied to, by Intrinsic, here:

Intrinsic said:

To OP. You being a sony fanboy obviously has nothing to do with understanding how corporations work. You think you can just change whoever is in charge of a company and instantly turn around in 2 years what it has taken over ten yers of damage to do? 

He was literally responding to the OP's statement of being a fanboy not making him a business expert, anyone who's willing to read the entire exchange understands this, and knows it wasn't being said maliciously.  As far as his true interests in whatever company, I don't care, for the purposes of this particular issue, it's what he wrote that matters.

DonFerrari said:

I am a Sony Fanboy and have no problem with anyone calling me that (Anfebious isn't a sony fanboy, but he supports Nintendo as far as I know), even though the rules are explicit about calling someone fanboy so he should be careful.

Errrrr... can you please just read his original post. He referred to himself as a sony/playstation fanboy. All i said was that cause he is claiming to be a fanboy of whatever it is that he is claming to be doesn't make what he is saying suddenly make sense. Either way, I don't crae if or what kinda fanboy he is. You telling me to be careful about what I said her eis like a guy coming out and referring to himself as an asshole in his original post then everyone that callls him an asshole as he described himself as gets banned.

Then again, unless of course like you a mod fails to read the original post.

Sony needs to get rid of there divions that make no money like there pcs and laptops sell that off.
Just keep ps brand,Tvs blu ray players dump every thing else

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

coolguy said:
Sony needs to get rid of there divions that make no money like there pcs and laptops sell that off.
Just keep ps brand,Tvs blu ray players dump every thing else

And just throw away the banking/insurance division that makes them by far, the most money?  And they already are dumping the PC and TV divisions (their loss leaders), as part of the restructuring announced in earlier this year.  It won't fully take effect until the 2015/16 fiscal year.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

Errrrr... can you please just read his original post. He referred to himself as a sony/playstation fanboy. All i said was that cause he is claiming to be a fanboy of whatever it is that he is claming to be doesn't make what he is saying suddenly make sense. Either way, I don't crae if or what kinda fanboy he is. You telling me to be careful about what I said her eis like a guy coming out and referring to himself as an asshole in his original post then everyone that callls him an asshole as he described himself as gets banned.

Then again, unless of course like you a mod fails to read the original post.

I have read the original Post. And yes he said he is a Sony fanboy. And you in your post haven't said "It isn't because you call yourself a fanboy", just said that he being a fanboy don't make him an expert.

Forum rule number 8.

Substance. Content is king. Threads lacking content can and will be locked. Some tips to keep you and your posts out of trouble:

• Poster Above You and voting threads require moderator approval. If you do not have it, the thread will be locked, and if you are a repeat offender, you will be moderated. Note that an approved thread may still be locked by the Lead or Deputy Lead Moderator.
  • Do not post just a link. Links have context - expound upon that context. For example, Mario Piano Videos. Post a link, but also give some background on what the link is to. Try to avoid simply copy and pasting the article to which you are linking.
  • Do not post only that Item A sucks, or that Item B is better than Item C. Give reasons why, post links to documented problems, of screenshots, or whatever you can. Similarly, do not reply to other posters with "you're wrong", or worse, “you’re an idiot/troll/fanboy.” Explain why you disagree, and perhaps point to the correct answer.
  • No "In Before The Lock" (IBTL) posts. Repeat offenders will be warned, and disciplinary action will be taken if those warnings are not heeded.
  • No spoilers in threads which are not clearly marked for them in the title. If you are in a non-spoiler thread, mark your spoilers by highlighting the text, selecting the “styles” drop-down menu, and choosing “Spoiler”. Be sensible here. The plot twist in Empire Strikes Back is not a spoiler. The plot twist in BioShock is.
  • Keep posts on topic as much as possible. Threads do sometimes naturally transition into other discussions, but coming in and posting about a completely different topic in order to start arguments is not okay. Stay on topic, and if you have something different to talk about make your own topic.
Forum rule number 13.
Insults and flaming. Attacking other users for any reason is never acceptable.
  • Do not insult someone's religion, race, sex, sexuality, nationality, political beliefs, or gaming preferences. Debate is encouraged, as is civil disagreement, but respect the beliefs and opinions of others.
  • Similarly, do not insult without justification any group of people, be it a religious group, political group, or anything of that sort.
  • Don’t use slurs (gay, f*ggot, n*gger, etc) as insults, even if you’re not using them maliciously.
  • Do not personally insult other users. This includes calling them fanboys or trolls.
  • Report it when another user insults you instead of insulting them back. If they report you and no one reported their post, guess which one of you gets banned? The moderators do not have time to read every post in a thread, so they will often miss things that are not reported.
  • In general try to treat other users with respect and courtesy. We understand debates get heated, but don’t lose yourself in them. Remember you can’t continue the debate if you’re banned, so be respectful to your fellow forum members.
If you look at them there is nowhere saying if the person calls himself a fanboy you can then call them that... it's like someone calling his homossexual friends with words most homossexual wouldn't like, it isn't because they call that among themselves that you are allowed to call them the same.
But if you preffer to ignore the advice about not calling anyone in the forum fanboy independent of what the person says and go for the bait, it's your choice.
Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Rule #8
  • Keep posts on topic as much as possible. Threads do sometimes naturally transition into other discussions, but coming in and posting about a completely different topic in order to start arguments is not okay. Stay on topic, and if you have something different to talk about make your own topic.

It occurs to me, you've violated the very rule you're quoting.  You've provided nothing of any substance to the topic at hand, oh, and I believe you violated another forum rule which is no quote tree's greater than 3, twice, in fact.

Wasn't Kaz given over a 90% vote of confidence from the investors a while ago? Apparently, there's something they know that we don't. We know that Sony will make a loss this fiscal year AND the reasons why they'll make a loss are a only temporary. If Sony kept losing money because their businesses can't make profits, then yes, Kaz should've been fired, but this is not the case at all. We cannot fairly evaluate Sony and Kaz until Sony officially rids itself from its PC business and spins off the TV business.

Yes I agree. Sony has been doing badly for years. He should have fixed their problems by now.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Reported the OP for calling himself a fanboy.

Not really, good thread. :)