By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kazuo Hirai should be fired.

Anfebious said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Anfebious said:

Sony currently owns PS so you should be concerned. If Sony goes down, PS goes down with them. 

We go back to the OP. Kaz should be fired to avoid it. But this disscussion is over, my brain cells are tired.

What discussion?  You think firing a CEO is the miracle cure to Sony regaining profitability.  Not only is that a fallacy, it forgets that Kaz has already taken a 50% pay cut, and is forgoing his bonus this year.  Good luck finding a replacement CEO at that salary.  Furthermore, the restructuring plan Kaz has put in place, doesn't fully take effect until the 2015-16 fiscal year, so yeah, the company's going to be losing money until then.  At which point 5000 jobs, and the costs associated with the TV and PC divisions (which is where they're losing money) slide off the books.  These are all very very easy facts to look up.  You should try using the internet for research sometime.

Around the Network

He gets a pass because of his legacy with Playstation 1 and 2. Sooner or later though, they will have to make a move if things don't turn around.

mornelithe said:
DonFerrari said:
Intrinsic said:
FiliusDei said:
I doubt anyone could help sony. They are financially screwed.

Very insightful, I am sure if I asked you what was wrong with sony now as a company besides them posting losses you would be completely clueless.

To OP. You being a sony fanboy obviously has nothing to do with understanding how corporations work. You think you can just change whoever is in charge of a company and instantly turn around in 2 years what it has taken over ten yers of damage to do? 

I would edit and apologize If I were you... calling someone a fanboy can get you banned, and I think FiliusDei is more inclined towards Nintendo.

You should probably read the OP, since the OP referred to himself as a Sony fanboy.

I am a Sony Fanboy and have no problem with anyone calling me that (Anfebious isn't a sony fanboy, but he supports Nintendo as far as I know), even though the rules are explicit about calling someone fanboy so he should be careful.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

...are you parodying all those people calling for Iwata's removal?

osed125 said:

Kaz gifs will save the company

Or at least make us smile.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

You clearly have no clue as to what is going on in Sony, as an Economist for the ANZ bank in Australia I get paid to monitor the Nikkei which is the Japanese stock exchange. Now everyday i have to analyse their major stocks and register them as risk averse or risky. Now Sony is risky at the moment due to its losses but Kaz Hirai is changing that by cutting off all the dead weight left by previous CEOs. He has scrapped Vaio which was bleeding money for them and in the process the writing off of the unused components actually caused Sony to post a loss this quarter otherwise they would have posted a small profit. Kaz Hirai is also focusing on Sony Financial which is far and beyond their best performing subsiduary and making sure it gets the capital required to continue posting large profits in order to keep the PlayStation division afloat until later in the PS4s lifecycle when it becomes a cash cow. 

Kaz Hirai is also pushing the Xperia line which is posting strong growth annually across the board. However where Sony is really loosing the money is in the TV market and Sony is reluctant to leave it as they hold many patents in this market and also have a strong focus on bringing the consumer the whole entertainment package as sales of Sony Bravias tend to help sales of other Sony perphirials. However Hirai is changing the focus of the TV side by splitting off its 4K TVs as a seperate entity in order to focus capital on the emerging market. 

So basically in short Sony was completely fucked 2 years ago with losses right across the board, Hirai is stemming these losses and cutting off the deadweight and it is showing in the bottom line. Hirai needs atleast 3 more years in order to start posting consisten profits again as the restructuring program he is undertaking is costly however it is done with the future in mine so he has been heavily increasing the capital towards R and D. So for you to complain about Hirai not being able to turn around massive losses in only 2 years shows what a complete idiot you are and this is coming from someone who actually tells people to invest in a company thats loosing money for their job...

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

I haven't read a more ignorant OP in a very, very long time. Congrats and go back to school!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

No. Kaz gifs are more important than profits. I would like you to get your priorities straight.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Obvious bait thread is obvious.

Tho, seriously SMH at ppl who actually agreed with him.

Hope you guys were joking, too, else you should feel bad.

Mr Khan said:
Noknockout said:
So he took over a sinking ship 2 years ago, its still sinking and he most now be fired before any plan could have possibly turned it around? Drastic short term changes never lead to long term stability. If Sony is going to turn around it will be a longer process with them eliminating weak divisions and trying to increase there advantage where it exists. If you fire Kaz now, you will be firing someone 2 years later for failing to save Sony in that time frame.

Welcome to the world of Nintendo fans. Enjoy your stay.

Iwata was the one at the helm when Nintendo completely turned things around with the Wii. And now people quickly forget all this and want to crucify the guy because the Wii U isn't putting shelves on fire... So quick to forget, almost impossible to please, and just. so. unbearably. dumb.

It's threads like this that make me think Phil Fish was onto something when he said "Gamers are the worst f***ing people in the world".

Between this kind of threads and those calling a game a flop after it's been selling for a single week... *Sigh*