By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kazuo Hirai should be fired.

This thread is brimming with ignorance, I think Drill's thread is better than this. If you're gonna fire Kaz, you might as well sell off the PS brand and let it become the next Ouya or let PS go down with the ship.
Either way, saying Kaz should be fired is a stealth way of saying I hope Sony goes bankrupt.
Unlike Nintendo or Microsoft, Sony obviously would go bankrupt if the fired their fucking CEO in the middle of restructuring.
They don't have a 4billion dollar cushion do they?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
DonFerrari said:
Rule #8
  • Keep posts on topic as much as possible. Threads do sometimes naturally transition into other discussions, but coming in and posting about a completely different topic in order to start arguments is not okay. Stay on topic, and if you have something different to talk about make your own topic.

It occurs to me, you've violated the very rule you're quoting.  You've provided nothing of any substance to the topic at hand, oh, and I believe you violated another forum rule which is no quote tree's greater than 3, twice, in fact.

If warning about the rules would be considered derailing a thread them all mods would need to ban themselves wen giving warnings in thread.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The evaluation of any president is not just about results, especially if the expected result is impossible to achieve ("take this mess and make it profitable right now"). It's about results in context, and about to know if someone would probably do better.

The Sony situation has been bad for years, investing in it is risky, and that's before Kaz became president, so you can't blame it for that. That's the context. He didn't make the company a profitable company, but he made quite good decisions and acts :
- to turn back the Playstation business to a potential cash cow, and increase brand image and visibility by being number 1
- to have a significant and growing share of smartphone market, and avoid the fate of every other Japanese mobile phone company
- to move toward an exit of unprofitable business, like computers
This is acknowledged by market, which value shares higher. That's the result in context.

And then, about if someone else would do better, it's clear he shows better results in a shorter time than previous presidents. The market and analysts have not been loud about getting him out. And last, he's still in charge.

This argument makes no more sense than it does for the "Fire Iwata" argument. He's a president. He's not the only decision maker, he's not the only one responsible for everything wrong, and getting rid of him or even getting rid of everyone on the board isn't going to fix anything. Why don't we all stop pretending to be businessmen and let the REAL investors decide if he needs to go, shall we? If they want to get rid of him, they will. There's nothing to be gained from talking about it on this forum.

Kaz Hirai is Sony. Sony is Kaz Hirai.
It is heresy to oppose Kaz Hirai.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
This argument makes no more sense than it does for the "Fire Iwata" argument. He's a president. He's not the only decision maker, he's not the only one responsible for everything wrong, and getting rid of him or even getting rid of everyone on the board isn't going to fix anything. Why don't we all stop pretending to be businessmen and let the REAL investors decide if he needs to go, shall we? If they want to get rid of him, they will. There's nothing to be gained from talking about it on this forum.

You don't know that undergraduates and entry-position people aways knows how to run a company better than the CEO? This is why you will always hear they complaining how the bosses are bad and the company could be better, etc... but then again I think why they are in the low level and that guy is above and just sigh.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Anfebious said:

I say that he should be fired and be replaced with younger blood. Sony can't keep on suffering like this.

Umm....he actually IS the younger blood. He's having to deal with a bunch of old men who have been with Sony going back to the days when Sony used to be what Apple is now. It's not really his fault he can't turn around the company's fortunes as quickly as we would like him to. I know everybody looks to Apple as the rolemodel of drastic turnarounds but what happened at Apple in the late 1990's was unheard of and still is. Steve Jobs managed to convice the entire company board to resign and created a new board. He got the people he wanted to run the company and he ran Apple like a dictatorship. This was unheard of yet not impossible in an America but it's inconcevible for a CEO of a Japanese company to even consider such a move. Instead of asking Sony's board to resign, Kaz is forced to work with them or around them. I think he knows what has to be done but because he doesn't have the power of a dictator, fixing Sony will take time. Hopefully, Sony has enough time left to be fixed.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

To be honest the thought of firing Kaz never crossed my mind until about 3 weeks ago. I guess all the negativity in the gaming world was focused on Nintendo and Iwata, including all the fans and fanboys online, and even a friend of mine that loves Kaz but hates Iwata with a passion.

I will say what I said with Iwata, he has 1 more year to turn things around, if not, he must got.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

he wont get fired. he'll step down like a samurai

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Yeah, screw this guy. Sony was doing just fine until this incompetent baffoon took over. He ruined everything. Like he ruined the launch of the PS4 and many other failed products.

Iwata 2016!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.