By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kazuo Hirai should be fired.

Anfebious said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Anfebious said:

And this is coming from a Sony fanboy.

Why does anyone ever preface with this, if this wasn't obviously a joke thread, I would reply in earnest. Any CEO that pulled 2006 sony to profitable status is doing a good job. With a company as volatile as Sony right now replacing the CEO is a terrible idea, its not like Sony is sitting on a bunch of money right now.

79~% chance of bankruptcy, Pre-Kaz

42~% chance of bankruptcy, Peri-Kaz

#Math

I fail to see the results, they keep posting losses and as long as they keep on posting them I can't take his work seriously. Sony needs a better leader in my honest opinion.

Are you expecting him to pull up a new product right out of his ass, claim its the best one in the world and sell a major profit. He has a bucket right now and is trying to save a sinking ship. Products take a long time to develop, and if anything has shown he has turned the playstation brand around and nipped buds that needed to be nipped. I really don't think you understand how business works...

You can't just hire someone and hope money starts to show up because you have a new figurehead.....

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Stop dancing around the point, shut the entire company down and sell off the profitable parts send em all home with golden parachutes and just say fuck it to the consumers and shareholders. That's what you want right?

I mean you can stop pretending like you care about the wellbeing of a billion dollar industry, the millions of people that work there or the country supported by its infrastructure and admit that the company who manufacturers the boxes of plastic you prefer sells a couple million more is more important than that?

I mean what are you waiting for?

I only want to see Sony grow and be a healthy company. I don't care about that petty console war you speak about.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I think that he should have been fired a while back but really even if they do Sony is still screwed anyway.

kljesta64 said:
sony should only make movies and consoles they should ditch everything else.

Then they would lose their biggest money maker, which is banking and insurance, which dwarfs every other profitable division in Sony.

OP: The restructuring that Sony announced in February...of this year, won't completely take effect until the 2015-16 fiscal year.  Kaz will be around until at least that point.

Sony is becoming PlayStation.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network

There are way too many people here who think a fucked company can be turned around in 2 years? He has a plan that isn't complete yet. Give the man time. -.-

Anfebious said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Stop dancing around the point, shut the entire company down and sell off the profitable parts send em all home with golden parachutes and just say fuck it to the consumers and shareholders. That's what you want right?

I mean you can stop pretending like you care about the wellbeing of a billion dollar industry, the millions of people that work there or the country supported by its infrastructure and admit that the company who manufacturers the boxes of plastic you prefer sells a couple million more is more important than that?

I mean what are you waiting for?

I only want to see Sony grow and be a healthy company. I don't care about that petty console war you speak about.

You refers to the entire thread

Yah right! Why stop with Kaz? Why not save the trouble and fire everyone? I mean if Kaz couldn't fix Sony in two years what hope is there for anyone else? Sony being healthy is completely fucking irrelevant to this site, this is a gaming site, if Sony doesn't have PS and isn't making games then we'll not only would I not give a flying fuck about them, but it would have no place being mentioned on this site any longer. So being healthy means nothing honestly. And that petty console war is the only reason Sony is even relevant on this site.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Noknockout said:
So he took over a sinking ship 2 years ago, its still sinking and he most now be fired before any plan could have possibly turned it around? Drastic short term changes never lead to long term stability. If Sony is going to turn around it will be a longer process with them eliminating weak divisions and trying to increase there advantage where it exists. If you fire Kaz now, you will be firing someone 2 years later for failing to save Sony in that time frame.

Welcome to the world of Nintendo fans. Enjoy your stay.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Noknockout said:
So he took over a sinking ship 2 years ago, its still sinking and he most now be fired before any plan could have possibly turned it around? Drastic short term changes never lead to long term stability. If Sony is going to turn around it will be a longer process with them eliminating weak divisions and trying to increase there advantage where it exists. If you fire Kaz now, you will be firing someone 2 years later for failing to save Sony in that time frame.

Welcome to the world of Nintendo fans. Enjoy your stay.

Its not really a new thing, its just been overshadowed by the general Sony bankruptcy or colapses of Sony predicted since 2006, Nintendo has too much moeny so Iwata is an obvious target.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

FiliusDei said:
I doubt anyone could help sony. They are financially screwed.

Very insightful, I am sure if I asked you what was wrong with sony now as a company besides them posting losses you would be completely clueless.

To OP. You being a sony fanboy obviously has nothing to do with understanding how corporations work. You think you can just change whoever is in charge of a company and instantly turn around in 2 years what it has taken over ten yers of damage to do?