By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kazuo Hirai should be fired.

Anfebious said:

And this is coming from a Sony fanboy.

Why does anyone ever preface with this, if this wasn't obviously a joke thread, I would reply in earnest. Any CEO that pulled 2006 sony to profitable status is doing a good job. With a company as volatile as Sony right now replacing the CEO is a terrible idea, its not like Sony is sitting on a bunch of money right now.

79~% chance of bankruptcy, Pre-Kaz

42~% chance of bankruptcy, Peri-Kaz

#Math

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Telnor said:
Anfebious said:

For everyone who doesn't know who is Kazuo hirari (AKA "Kaz"), he was the president of Sony Computer Entertainment in 2006 and paved his way to the President and Chief Officer role in 2012.

He is the President of the Sony Corp. and he is responsible for the current state of the company.  If you follow Sony's numbers then you would know that they aren't pretty at all. And it's all thanks to this man and his dumb decisions. We are being told to wait, that he is making changes to drive the company forward and other kind of lame lies. But in the end people want results and Kaz certainly isn't showing them. In his defense he did sell one building one of these year and they showed no loss in their reports, but what does this tell us for the company's future? Sony needs to keep on selling buildings to generate a profit? How many buildings do they have left?

I say that he should be fired and be replaced with younger blood. Sony can't keep on suffering like this.

Maybe you should apply for the job? Seeing as you seem to think you know better eh?

This kind of comments don't contribute anything to the discussion, please refrain from taking sarcastic digs.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

They should hire Iwata, then fire him

Anfebious said:
sethnintendo said:

He should be fired in a year or two if they keep posting losses.  He keeps telling shareholders to wait but eventually they will have waited long enough.

I agree, he can't fool the shareholders any longer. He is expecting another loss this year... it's about time they got rid of him.

lol shareholders, like they matter to Sony.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Anfebious said:

Why does anyone ever preface with this, if this wasn't obviously a joke thread, I would reply in earnest. Any CEO that pulled 2006 sony to profitable status is doing a good job. With a company as volatile as Sony right now replacing the CEO is a terrible idea, its not like Sony is sitting on a bunch of money right now.

#Math

I fail to see the results, they keep posting losses and as long as they keep on posting them I can't take his work seriously. Sony needs a better leader in my honest opinion.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

As Sony is in financial trouble, they should sell 50% of their Playstation division to Nintendo and merge it in order to create a win-win situation. Only a joint market is big enough and creates enough revenue to justify AAA development and ongoing 3rd party support in Japan. With only one mobile system and only one console in the market, they could play monopoly and make a lot of money.

Anfebious said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Anfebious said:

#Math

I fail to see the results, they keep posting losses and as long as they keep on posting them I can't take his work seriously. Sony needs a better leader in my honest opinion.

When did Sony not post losses? Seems pretty par the course to me.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

They didn't post a loss when they sold a few of their buildings.

I think they are focused on all the wrong things. PSNow, Morpheus, 4kTVs and VitaTV are all incoming flops. What a waste of resources that could be put to better use

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

sethnintendo said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

They didn't post a loss when they sold a few of their buildings.

Therefore Sony needs to sell more buildings

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam