By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Satoru Iwata has been re-elected as Nintendo president!

Is this good news?

Yes, Iwata has learned! 201 39.18%

No, what were the shareholders thinking! 131 25.54%

Maybe, we will see where it goes from here. 180 35.09%

Total:512

I finally understand.

Around the Network

smart move!

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

a sad day for the haters

We reap what we sow

etking said:
The Wii-U is still overpriced, no tablet-less version is available, the Wii-U still has no games and no 3rd party support. Nintendo games also get more and more childish and even adult games like Tomodachi Life are marketed against small children which is scaring away the original target audience. I wonder if Iwata is willing to change all that?

I am a Nintendo fan but I will not buy the Wii-U as long as it comes with a heavy, oversized and inconvenient tablet that always needs to be connected even if you do not plan to ever use it and it always runs out of battery too.

Amiibo is Nintendo's entry into the pay to win market and the Mario Golf DLC shows that Nintendo will from now on release only half complete games where regular content is cut out to rip off the customer and make him pay twice. But I am not willing not buy incomplete games and I will not pay twice.

Geez, just leave the planet already.

@etking

it's hard to believe you're really a Nintendo fan. If you were you would be accustomed to them changing controllers with each system and adapt to that. Your claim that the Wii U doesn't have any games is baseless, I won't bother to name all the highly rated games. You're not stupid and neither is anyone else on this site. Heavy tablet, nope. Baseless as well. Tablet less Wii U is never going to happen. If you don't like the gamepad most games can use the pro controller even Mario and Zelda. The Wii U is not overpriced people are just cheap. All these free apps and Steam sells have people undervaluing technology and games in general. 200 can by you a decent tablet but not a game machine worth owning. Pony up and by a Wii U and you'll see how awesome it is. Or play something else, but the assertions that it's not worth owning or overpriced is incorrect. 

Around the Network
etking said:
The Wii-U is still overpriced, no tablet-less version is available, the Wii-U still has no games and no 3rd party support. Nintendo games also get more and more childish and even adult games like Tomodachi Life are marketed against small children which is scaring away the original target audience. I wonder if Iwata is willing to change all that?

I am a Nintendo fan but I will not buy the Wii-U as long as it comes with a heavy, oversized and inconvenient tablet that always needs to be connected even if you do not plan to ever use it and it always runs out of battery too.

Amiibo is Nintendo's entry into the pay to win market and the Mario Golf DLC shows that Nintendo will from now on release only half complete games where regular content is cut out to rip off the customer and make him pay twice. But I am not willing not buy incomplete games and I will not pay twice.

Wow this post is revolutionary, thank you for your incredible insight.  You sir are the Pachter of VGChartz!

Here come the people who think they are smarter than a bunch of shareholders with a tonne of experience

If everything is so great and fine why does the Wii-U run so badly and does not stand a chance against PS4 sales-wise? Why does nobody want to buy the Wii-U, why does no 3rd party company want to develop any games for it?

All those things are caused by Iwata's current strategy. This strategy needs to change dramatically in order to save the Wii-U and Nintendo. With the right strategy, Nintendo could easily win the generation and sell more Wii-U in it's lifetime than PS4 or X1. The old Wii clearly shows that the market potential is there.

The tablet needs to be redesigned to be much smaller and optional and every videogame store should feature a Wii-U HD Sports bundle with two Wiimotes and a classic controller for $199, marketed directly at the casual audience. I would immediately buy it and most Wii owners too. And since it comes without a tablet, Nintendo would not loose any money, a win-win situation for Nintendo and customers.

meh

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I personally want Iwata gone but can understand why he was kept as president. It makes sense to keep him business wise.

Iwata just doesn't fit my personal interest in where I want Nintendo to go. Miyamoto doesn't either but that's a whole different subject.