By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has the Wii U become more of a Collector item than a system that people buy to play regularly?

Eh, the WiiU has the best games this gen for now. The PS4 and Xbone doesn't have much currently, maybe its the other way around at this point, people are just buying a PS4 for collecting dust.

Around the Network

Do people actually have the time and money to play 3-4 games per month? I usually buy 3-4 retail games per year, if that...

Anyways, no, that is silly @.@

I'm still waiting for the games to come out. Right now the only games I REALLY WANT is
Pikmin 3 (No brainier my future best game ever)
NSMWU (Loved the one on Wii)

That's it honestly.

Future games that make the purchase mandatory
Smash 4 (Had over 1000 hours on Brawl)

I will probably get one with Smash 4 comes out or just skip this generation and hope Nintendo 7 is backward compatible. Wii U is honestly for people who need next gen right away and can't wait. For me it is a maybe but there are a number of games that I would buy to pass the time. Like Ubisoft's games, Wonderful 101 and some random 3rd party games. I do not care for PS4 or XB1 so I will probably miss out on most of 8th gen. However I do got a 3DS hahahaha

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I can barely afford to buy one game a month for all platforms, and some people buy 4?

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Wii u has the first party exclusives, for everything else, there's Steam.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network

Forgetting about indie games and smaller titles like Shovel Knight and Oddworld. Either way, this is ridiculous. People buy a console to play the games. Anything else is overthinking it.

I still don't get to see a lot of reason (games) to buy ps4 or xbox one... it seems like most of their "must-have" games are also avail on their previous gen

It's the go-to companion console for PC/PS4/XB1 people. It's cheaper price ($200 from Nintendo's online store) is giving people incentive to jump in earlier.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i used to buy a game every 3 months in my other systems, now, with wii u, i keep this habit.

@spurge i bought the WII U because it was on sale where i get 2 games with it and also because i wona gift voucher that pays for the whole machine :D. The secondary reason is because i like own all and there will always be nintendo exclusives that still has its nintendo charm plus there are games like bayonetta 2 which is only going to be on WII U as loved the first bayonetta game.