By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA SW / WW Hardware - week ending 14th June

DonFerrari said:
I don't believe those low X1 numbers in America thisweek (as I think it was to high last week). Also WiiU numbers seem too high this and in the last week, so let's not get ahead of ourselves on the doom and saved parties.

You're right, why the hell would a good game with a lot of marketing raise hardware sales?!

Around the Network
trixiemafia86 said:
elazz said:

VGChartz (16th June 2007)

Global Hardware by Platform

PlatformWeekly (change)Total
DS 428,860 (+5%) 44,988,530
Wii 255,160 (+3%) 8,521,676
PSP 188,254 (-1%) 23,849,429
X360 85,170 (+4%) 10,234,341
PS3 60,329 (+1%) 3,700,775
Total1,017,773(+3%)

To compare with the earlier generation. Wii is slightly ahead of PS4 while that console is crushing both X360 and PS3. Nintendo DS vs 3DS is also something! That difference

those beasty numbers from DS.. Even psp beat everthing this week.

PSP was a beast at that time. It didn't sell over 80 million units just like that.

Its not hard to believe why numbers are low.

Watch Dogs effect is over for PS4.

Mario Effect is over for Wii. 

Titanfall effect is over for Xbox One. 

Xbox One price cut came one week too late (should of happened when Watch Dogs came out).

Xbox One isn't even released in half the territories. 

No major releases from now till fall. 

Numbers will get even worse in the summer. How much things pick up is anybodies guess. 

small44 said:
Xbox one is officially dead

PS4 buying mania too.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

last92 said:
I just can't believe those xbox one sales. It would be a catastrphe for MS if in its first week of sales the kinectless sku sold only 64k.
Also, the PS4 in doing just fine. A little drop during the summer is to be expected.
WiiU surprised me as well. The MK8 effect is still active it seems.
BTW these numers are just too strange, there will probably be a huge adjustment in the next weeks.

I see this sentiment quite often from Xbox One advocates "I can't believe this low number"...then official numbers come out from NPD or another source and you are forced to believe.  I personally don't see what's so surprising...the inferior console isn't selling despite Microsoft's best efforts.  Spin isn't working, removing the Kinect isn't working, firing Mattrick isn't working...what's left?  Halo regurgitated and Sunset Overhype.  Someone update the chalkboard!

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/959/6359/original.jpg " border="0">

Around the Network
foodfather said:

Its not hard to believe why numbers are low.

Watch Dogs effect is over for PS4.

Mario Effect is over for Wii

Titanfall effect is over for Xbox One. 

Xbox One price cut came one week too late (should of happened when Watch Dogs came out).

Xbox One isn't even released in half the territories. 

No major releases from now till fall. 

Numbers will get even worse in the summer. How much things pick up is anybodies guess. 

....Are you even trying?

DerNebel said:
drake_tolu said:
LordPhil said:
Meltdowns incoming
Bad week overall though. 3DS is the last console standing.

3DS the king.

Kind of a sad king, if you compare it to the same week last year.

Yeah. the new consoles should beat the 3DS by now, as the 3DS is clearly behind it's peak. But they aren't The industry is in deep trouble, it is hard to deny it at this point.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

episteme said:
Angelv577 said:

I know, it's just that I always had(and still have) the impression that an official pricecut( a big one) normally have a better effect than deals and discounts.

A big price cut would be the Titanfall bundle with Kinect for $399...

That isn't an official pricecut but ok, the Xbx One did sell terribly according to vgchartz.

Mnementh said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah. the new consoles should beat the 3DS by now, as the 3DS is clearly behind it's peak. But they aren't The industry is in deep trouble, it is hard to deny it at this point.

The PS4 is still clearly up on its predecessor both in life-to-date and weekly sales, so I'm really not to worried there, summer months are slow that's how it is.

X1 sales will also be higher at the same time next year, I'm pretty confident in that.

Mnementh said:
DerNebel said:
drake_tolu said:
LordPhil said:
Meltdowns incoming
Bad week overall though. 3DS is the last console standing.

3DS the king.

The new consoles are also over twice as expensive as the 3DS is and are criticised for not having a big enough library of good games yet.

Situation should improve in the holidays due to a plethora of games being released for all 3 current-gen consoles.