By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's PSNow Pricings Are Crazy

No thanks, good that I'll keep my PS3 even after I buy a PS4 in the future.

Around the Network

Haha.

Hahahaha.

No, Sony.

F*** you.

I'd sooner buy the game(s) myself.

BasilZero said:

$30 for 90 days?

You can buy the actual physical copy of FFXIII-2 for $20 LOL.

$5 for 4 hours? That certainly beats Hollywood Video and Blockbuster's deal when they were both relevant!

I wouldn't mind the prices quite so much if they actually gave us the ability to buy and keep them as digital downloads. Like, we can stream the game whenever we want or can download it to an actual PS3.

It would also be nice if existing digital purchases can be played through the service.

Sony is going to make a profit in the short term, but in the long term no one is going to buy into this without the ability to keep games after. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

NiKKoM said:
Can't decide on PS NO or PS NOpe

90 days is more expensive then buying FFXIII-2 it in the psn store..

As it should. You don't have the cost of the console to consider. This is for TVs and smartphones too.

The point of the program isn't to replace your current library.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It should be $7 for a week, $10 for 2 weeks, $15 for a month, $25 for 3 months.

Pricing for this will be tricky because you want a lot of people to use it, but you also need to make a profit.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

7 days for 7.99 sounds good.

I can kill any game in that time.

coolguy said:
What a rip off.i will never buy these games

Buying apparently isn't an option.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

lolol they called ffxiii a hit. so you know theyre trying to bullshit us here, guys

I bought the game 9,99 on a PSN digital sale a while ago, crazy indeed.

Here what I think would be fair for a game like FF13-2:

4 hours: US$ 0,49.

7 days: US$ 2,99

30 days: US$ 5,99

90 days: US$ 8,99.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Yeah, strange pricing indeed, also I personally hate these type of game rentals. Although a subscription method (like PS+ or XBLG) is kind off crappy for games you receive "for free", it should be the perfect model for these types of streaming models.