By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's PSNow Pricings Are Crazy

Kerotan said:

awful thread to necro? I don't think ti was worth making a ew thread just to say PS Now prices have dropped a lot from the original pries that caused outrage. 

Necro bumping in this case and in many other cases is a bad idea. It just causes confusion and doesn't lend itself to new discussion.

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
iTechHeads said:
kupomogli said:
SjOne said:
Sony will change prices if they listen to their customers a lot

If they listened to their customers, the Vita wouldn't be an indie machine.

If people bought a Vita it wouldn't be relying on indies to stay afloat.

Vita is a flop and it doesn't deserve Sony's support. Mobile is king now. Dedicated handhelds are a thing of the past. You're lucky Vita is getting any games at all..

You know you are replying to someone who posted 4 months ago right?

Awful thread to necro tho and yeah Mobile phones are massive now, everyone has one. As for dedicated handhelds, the last one of those on the market was the GBC and even that had a printer/camera, I think what you mean is handheld devices without a sim card in them? but even then the vita can have that + skype calls so no real idea what dedicated handhelds you are talking about.

I wasn't the one who bumped the thread. 

Vita and 3DS are dedicated gaming handhelds, regardless of what multimedia features they have.

Yeah, the problem with PS Now is that Sony is letting the developers/publishers of the game choose their own prices. So the only games Sony has control over price wise is its first party studios. And those developers/publishers want to milk every last cent out of their old games instead of just accepting that the game is done making profits and any further profits should be considered a bonus. Personally, I think all games should have the same price with options of:

$1.99 - 4 hours
$4.99 - 7 days
$9.99 - 1 month

If you want the game longer than a month, you can go buy it or rent it again for any one of those options. Those price points are very achievable and offer decent pricing for consumers and decent profits for publishers.