By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's PSNow Pricings Are Crazy

One critical factor that people seem to be overlooking in the whole "buy it for less than you can rent it" thing is that to buy it you need a PS3. To rent it, you do not.

Around the Network

I will never use it as it is now.

But i like to own my game and play them slowly.

Neodegenerate said:
One critical factor that people seem to be overlooking in the whole "buy it for less than you can rent it" thing is that to buy it you need a PS3. To rent it, you do not.

This is an excellent point. For those interested in only a few games, they could rent and play these titles on their smart TV without the having to drop hundreds of dollars on a console.

The 90 day shouldn't exist and should just be changed to buy, for the PSN price. Otherwise I have no issues with the costs as they are. Keeping in mind these are the PS3 prices. We don't know how much PS2/PS1/PSV/PSP rental prices will be.

Edit: It seems these prices are largely up to the publisher, as is often the PSN buy price. So basically they have 4 hours (lel), 7 day, 30 day, 90 day slots and the publisher fills the prices.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Really feels like you need an insanely stable internet service in order for this to be worthwhile...

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Around the Network

Prices wayyyy to high. I'd rather be able to buy the game specially seeing as how a 90 day rent is 30 dollars for many many 10 dollar games :l

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Ha ha! At $29.99 for 5 years, you just bought a pc. Could have that is.

SilverMeteorMan said:
Ha ha! At $29.99 for 5 years, you just bought a pc. Could have that is.

Yeah, the prices definitely seem only temprorarily beneficial and can only rack up more the longer you use it...

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Sony will change prices if they listen to their customers a lot

SjOne said:
Sony will change prices if they listen to their customers a lot

If they listened to their customers, the Vita wouldn't be an indie machine.