By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's PSNow Pricings Are Crazy

Sorry to bump the thread but I've made too many new threads recently so I,ll post here. Just made a US acc and I see you guys have PS Now. I checked the prices and they seem good. But this thread shows them being a rip off. Anyway god of war ascension is 1.99 for 4hours, 5.99 for 7 days, 7.99 for 30 days and 14.99 for 90 days.

So have Sony recently made the prices reasonable since it launched?

Around the Network

Incredible madness with those prices. Why would anyone ever do that when you get more value from having a Gamefly subscription?

kupomogli said:
SjOne said:
Sony will change prices if they listen to their customers a lot

If they listened to their customers, the Vita wouldn't be an indie machine.

If people bought a Vita it wouldn't be relying on indies to stay afloat.

Vita is a flop and it doesn't deserve Sony's support. Mobile is king now. Dedicated handhelds are a thing of the past. You're lucky Vita is getting any games at all..

Same with a lot of movie rental services like amazon, google, or even Sony. Costs usually like 4 dollars to rent for 24 hours. They might be able to actually compete with Netflix if they lowered their prices.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:
Same with a lot of movie rental services like amazon, google, or even Sony. Costs usually like 4 dollars to rent for 24 hours. They might be able to actually compete with Netflix if they lowered their prices.

you talk as if 1 game equals 1 film. I can buy a ew film for 10 euro. But a new game is 70 euro. Why should they rent them both to me at the same sort of price? 

The prices on there are very reasonable to me. Anybody who has a half decent job and won't mind paying them when they want. It's not like the PS3 where the peasants like you needed a second job :p

Around the Network
iTechHeads said:
kupomogli said:
SjOne said:

Vita is a flop and it doesn't deserve Sony's support. Mobile is king now. Dedicated handhelds are a thing of the past. You're lucky Vita is getting any games at all..

You know you are replying to someone who posted 4 months ago right?

Awful thread to necro tho and yeah Mobile phones are massive now, everyone has one. As for dedicated handhelds, the last one of those on the market was the GBC and even that had a printer/camera, I think what you mean is handheld devices without a sim card in them? but even then the vita can have that + skype calls so no real idea what dedicated handhelds you are talking about.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The new prices, although a lot better than the original, is still a complete rip-off. I can get a game for a day for $1 from Redbox (games to be released for PS4 and Xbox One but I'm sure it'll come soon). Even the EA subscription deal is waaaaaaaaay better than that crap Sony is doing. I can tell already that Sony's dominance is getting to their heads and in no time they'll pull a PS3 again. Too bad some console fans are just blind and follow without thinking.

If Sony wants to get serious about BC, then they need to drop the prices and add a "own forever" option. 

ganoncrotch said:
iTechHeads said:
kupomogli said:
SjOne said:

You know you are replying to someone who posted 4 months ago right?

Awful thread to necro tho and yeah Mobile phones are massive now, everyone has one. As for dedicated handhelds, the last one of those on the market was the GBC and even that had a printer/camera, I think what you mean is handheld devices without a sim card in them? but even then the vita can have that + skype calls so no real idea what dedicated handhelds you are talking about.

awful thread to necro? I don't think ti was worth making a ew thread just to say PS Now prices have dropped a lot from the original pries that caused outrage. 

Kerotan said:

awful thread to necro? I don't think ti was worth making a ew thread just to say PS Now prices have dropped a lot from the original pries that caused outrage. 

Oh it just kinda spiraled into fairly bad stuff here where people compared the ability to rent out a game to psnow or how the prices compared to buying used copies of 5 year old games. You even have someone giving out about the vita to someone who mentioned it 4 months ago, I'm sure it's long gone from their VG chartz buddy :D

I think a full new thread about the psnow prices would be great btw when it's fully launched, it is still in beta ish stage isn't it? or at least it was the last I heard. 1 thread about something per 6 months is fair game I think. There are 50 Bayonetta, Destiny, Master chief collections etc. are bad threads every day on here.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive