By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Hints to PS4 Return of Old and Beloved Characters, Knack Possibly Becoming a Franchise

kitler53 said:
HoloDust said:
Cerny confirmed as PS5 architect. ;)

i hope he get's a raise.  he basically single handedly rescued playstation (and possibly the entire console industry) from irrelavance.  he deserves every penny he gets.

I agree, what he did for Sony was superb job, but I just hope that raise doesn't come in form of 'Knack as franchise' deal...honestly, I have no idea how good (or bad) that game is, but, IMO, Knack's design is just plain terrible.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
kitler53 said:
HoloDust said:
Cerny confirmed as PS5 architect. ;)

i hope he get's a raise.  he basically single handedly rescued playstation (and possibly the entire console industry) from irrelavance.  he deserves every penny he gets.

I agree, what he did for Sony was superb job, but I just hope that raise doesn't come in form of 'Knack as franchise' deal...honestly, I have no idea how good (or bad) that game is, but, IMO, Knack's design is just plain terrible.

i heard from some friends that the game is okay.  suppose to have some great ideas but a bit of a bad job at excecution.  they said they'd buy a sequel depending on the reviews and whether or not it cleaned up the bad bits.

but i'm with you,..  knack's art direction is just so meh.  it comes off to me like they prioritized showing off ps4's ability to do particles moreso than coming up with something lovable.   ..and in the genre of "kids game" lovable is definitely needed.

kitler53 said:
i heard from some friends that the game is okay.  suppose to have some great ideas but a bit of a bad job at excecution.  they said they'd buy a sequel depending on the reviews and whether or not it cleaned up the bad bits.

but i'm with you,..  knack's art direction is just so meh.  it comes off to me like they prioritized showing off ps4's ability to do particles moreso than coming up with something lovable.   ..and in the genre of "kids game" lovable is definitely needed.

Knack was a woeful game that greatly benefited by being a launch title in both review scores and sales. I have high doubts it will ever get a sequel.

VanceIX said:
AZWification said:

Great news! Knack 2 will definitely boost PS4 sales in Japan!

As long as it's bundled with the PS4!

I highly doubt Sony wouldn't bundle Knack 2 with the PS4 after seeing how Knack sved the PS4 fro msaving a dommed launch in Japan!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'd be interested to see what they can do given more time to develop a Knack game. From the impressions I've heard, the first game wasn't very impressive. However, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it was rushed either. I'm hoping the first game arrives on PS+ soon. I'm sure it will at some point.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
LemonSlice said:
Daxter to become Knack's sidekick confirmed.

Only one man is good enought to have a kidekick as awesome as Daxter and Knack anit it.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

More Knack please, it has potential.

Just less technical issues, better graphics, way better story, cut out the 3 second cutscenes, make the world more vivid and living and it's a keeper.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Rafie said:
I'm thinking Sir Daniel Fortesque, or Parappa maybe. I mean characters that Sony can control that isn't up to others like Activision to get permission from.

I would be up for new installments of medieval and parappa.  Never cared for crash myself, but it would be nice if sony and actvision could come to terms over the property given how important the franchise was to ps' beginnings.

Hoping for Knack to become a franchise. If all was right in the world of gaming and Dave Halverson was still publishing, editing, writing for Die Hard Gamefan and / or Play Magazine then I think there can be little doubt that the Greatest Journalist, writer, publisher, in the history of video games I.e. Dave Halverson http://gamefanmag.com/features/gamefans-year-in-review andhttp://www.gamesetwatch.com/2009/02/column_game_mag_weaseling_dave.php would have given Knack the recognition it deserved by naming it his 2013 Game Of The Year or that he probably would have put it in the Top Five of 2013.

I think it sometimes takes today's shooter reared reviewers a couple of games to properly warm to a game let like Knack which can actually be quite harmful to those games in an uncalled for fashion. Knack is definitely an 85 to a 100 score game rather than the lowly 60 it gets from the cumulative buttheads at Metacritic, and there can be little doubt in my estimation that the Great Dave Halverson would have set the world right on that score.

So, here's hoping for Knack 2 and a new 8th Gen Gaming. Mag from Dave Halverson, Nick Rox, and Co. to keep the world of gaming journalism straight so that games likely Mark Cerrny's awe-inspiring Knack don't get short shifted by a cadre of game reviewers that think every game has to be a GTA, Gears Of War, or Call of Duty clone going forth into the 8th Gen.

It must be Crash
-Crash was already hinted at returning to Playstation in that PS4 ad.
-Knack is built upon the same premise of Crash type platforming games. Where there is an element of combat as well as platforming adventure.
-Activision says they own it still....they could be lying. Even if they aren't it would not be the first time Activision has leased out one of their IPs to Sony to build upon how they choose. See Call of Duty Black Ops:Declassified.
-Crash was not just any old Platformer. It one one of the higher selling ones of the time period. I believe the series peaked at like 8million sold or something. The nostalgia alone could make the series flourish in this climate.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)