By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Hints to PS4 Return of Old and Beloved Characters, Knack Possibly Becoming a Franchise

tbone51 said:
Teeqoz said:

I agree, Knack is one of the only franchises i kno that 100% got its sales from heavy bundling + being a Launch title. Not sayig it wont sell but i dont expect it being close to a million, i be surprised if it did 800k with a 30mil+ userbase.

Edit: ZombiU is probably the second best game to benefit this generation for the same reasons as Knack. ZombiU2 wouldn't get over 400k imo

Knack and Wii sports.

I have to agree and disagree regarding wii sports.

Wii sports only got 80mil+ due to The heaviest bundling of all time, but unlike Knack if it weren't bundled at all it would of sold 30mil+ by itself. Japan had no bundling with wii sports yet it sold over 3.5mil and thats one of the best selling games of all time there
I

Yeah, now that I think about it, you're probably right about that.

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Teeqoz said:

Also, I must admit, I don't understand the Japanese market at all (does any?), so could you please explain what it is about this Knack+PS4+Japan thing? It feels like im the only one that doesn't understand a joke here :'(

Well, the joke is that there were some limited edition PS4/Knack bundles in Japan at launch and the PS4 sold pretty well (in japan) thanks to the Knack bundles, so that's why Knack saved the Ps4 in Japan!

No home console can sell well in Japan. Not before you can carry it in your pocket.

Teeqoz said:
forevercloud3000 said:
It must be Crash
-Crash was already hinted at returning to Playstation in that PS4 ad.
-Knack is built upon the same premise of Crash type platforming games. Where there is an element of combat as well as platforming adventure.
-Activision says they own it still....they could be lying. Even if they aren't it would not be the first time Activision has leased out one of their IPs to Sony to build upon how they choose. See Call of Duty Black Ops:Declassified.
-Crash was not just any old Platformer. It one one of the higher selling ones of the time period. I believe the series peaked at like 8million sold or something. The nostalgia alone could make the series flourish in this climate.

Why in the world would they claim to own an IP that they don't actually own? Activision isn't some evil company that makes false claims just to piss people off! And Black Ops declassified was published by Activision, and developed by another third party dev (kinda like Titanfall). Sony did not develop Declassified.

Because maybe(hopefully) Sony told them to?

Earlier this year there was a video of some guys calling up Activision and asking about games. And when they got to Crash Bandicoot, the lady said that they npno longer owned the franchise. Isn't that weird? 

When the guys further questioned her a bit about Crash, she SPECIFICALLY SAID OUT OF HER MOUTH that Crash was sold back to SONY! Not only Sony but she also specifically said NaughthDog.

She said that she couldn't give them anymorranymore info on the CradhCrash franchisrfranchise because it wadwas no longer their ip and that they would have to ask Sony  since it had been returned to them.

Why would she say this? Alot of people who are known to not really like Playstation tried to downplay this by saying that the lady didn't know what she was talking about because she was mainly a phone person or whatever.

Then later we had the Song advert that teased that Crash is back with Sony and Crash Bandicoot has weirdly been remover from the activision website all together

Isnt that weird?

Then somebody asked Sony about Crash and they said to ask Activision since it's their franchise and Activision claimed that they were looking for new ways to bring Crash back

That whole thing seemed fishy to me

I feel like Sony told them to not let it be known that it was returned back to them so Sony can shock the world and reveal it themselves at E3 2015 or 16

i would love to see Medievil 3, Crash Bandicoot and the Legend of Dragoon... but more likely it will be Parappa the Rapper

I am willing to give knack a second shot. The first was charming and fun, but it got repetitive quickly and dragged on. Not to mention the characters were bleh.

Now, can you please just get crash back?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Teeqoz said:
forevercloud3000 said:
It must be Crash
-Knack is built upon the same premise of Crash type platforming games. Where there is an element of combat as well as platforming adventure.
-Activision says they own it still....they could be lying. Even if they aren't it would not be the first time Activision has leased out one of their IPs to Sony to build upon how they choose. See Call of Duty Black Ops:Declassified.
-Crash was not just any old Platformer. It one one of the higher selling ones of the time period. I believe the series peaked at like 8million sold or something. The nostalgia alone could make the series flourish in this climate.

Why in the world would they claim to own an IP that they don't actually own? Activision isn't some evil company that makes false claims just to piss people off! And Black Ops declassified was published by Activision, and developed by another third party dev (kinda like Titanfall). Sony did not develop Declassified.

Earlier this year there was a video of some guys calling up Activision and asking about games. And when they got to Crash Bandicoot, the lady said that they npno longer owned the franchise. Isn't that weird? 

When the guys further questioned her a bit about Crash, she SPECIFICALLY SAID OUT OF HER MOUTH that Crash was sold back to SONY! Not only Sony but she also specifically said NaughthDog.

She said that she couldn't give them anymorranymore info on the CradhCrash franchisrfranchise because it wadwas no longer their ip and that they would have to ask Sony  since it had been returned to them.

Why would she say this? Alot of people who are known to not really like Playstation tried to downplay this by saying that the lady didn't know what she was talking about because she was mainly a phone person or whatever.

Then later we had the Song advert that teased that Crash is back with Sony and Crash Bandicoot has weirdly been remover from the activision website all together

Isnt that weird?

Then somebody asked Sony about Crash and they said to ask Activision since it's their franchise and Activision claimed that they were looking for new ways to bring Crash back

I feel like Sony told them to not let it be known that it was returned back to them so Sony can shock the world and reveal it themselves at E3 2015 or 16

Hmm. I't sounds a bit improbable to me. Personally, I don't care too much about crash anymore, it was great back in its glory days, but now it seems way too linear for me. I'm more in to a bit more open platformers personally. Ofcourse I know that Crash is a big deal to a lot of people, so for their sake I hope this rumour is true, although I severely doubt it.

Teeqoz said:
enditall727 said:

Isnt that weird?

Hmm. I't sounds a bit improbable to me. Personally, I don't care too much about crash anymore, it was great back in its glory days, but now it seems way too linear for me. I'm more in to a bit more open platformers personally. Ofcourse I know that Crash is a big deal to a lot of people, so for their sake I hope this rumour is true, although I severely doubt it.

I hope it's true aswell

They could always bring new ideas to Crash and branch again like they did with Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash

I was always more of a Spyro type of guy back then so i obviously want Spyro back more than Crash but i still liked Crash enough

enditall727 said:

I hope it's true aswell

They could always bring new ideas to Crash and branch again like they did with Crash Team Racing and Crash Bash

I was always more of a Spyro type of guy back then so i obviously want Spyro back more than Crash but i still liked Crash enough

I'm afraid the chance for Spyro is even slimmer than the chance of crash. And I really liked crash back in the day, but if it were to be built in a similar way to the originals i feel like it would be to linear compared to what we have become accustomed to now.

Teeqoz said:
forevercloud3000 said:
It must be Crash

Im not saying its some evil plot by Activision, if it were to be true it would be at Sony's request. Activision removed all info about Crash from it's sites. liscenses expire eventually. I'm just saying its a possibility. Developers lie for the sake of keeping secrets. David Jaffe blatantly stated that his new game was not Twisted Metal........turns out it was.

Declassified was funded in entirety by Sony and Sony chose what developer made the game. Activision had virtually 0 part in it's development other then giving rights to build the game at all.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Teeqoz said:
enditall727 said:

I hope it's true aswell

I'm afraid the chance for Spyro is even slimmer than the chance of crash. And I really liked crash back in the day, but if it were to be built in a similar way to the originals i feel like it would be to linear compared to what we have become accustomed to now.

Not if Naughty Dog does an open world game. I could see that as a possibility, but I guess a more linear game may suffice.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron