By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Hints to PS4 Return of Old and Beloved Characters, Knack Possibly Becoming a Franchise

Yesterday Sony held its  97th General Shareholder Meeting at the Grand Prince Hotel New Takanawa in Tokyo and Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House was asked to report on the games available on PS4 and on the future software plans.

House admitted that there’s a necessity to develop more software in Japan and for Japan, while the situation worldwide is better, with many publishers and developers who have invested in the development for PS4, and many great games released to the public.

About Sony itself, House touched two very interesting points, mentioning that Knack is one of PS4′s most popular software and he wants to “cherish” the character, possibly implying that Mark Cerny’s labor of love could become a franchise.

More interestingly, House continued by saying that the company wants users to experience on PS4 “characters that people love” from older games.

While he did not specify any character by name, a few names come to mind. Feel free to let us know just below which old and beloved characters you’d like to see return, even if I’m quite sure I can guess most of the answers.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/20/sony-hints-to-ps4-return-of-old-and-beloved-characters-knack-possibly-becoming-a-franchise/

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Dat knack doe.

(But seriously i think it's a but of a stretch to assume he is implying Knack will become a franchise).

Cerny confirmed as PS5 architect. ;)

Great news! Knack 2 will definitely boost PS4 sales in Japan!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'm thinking Sir Daniel Fortesque, or Parappa maybe. I mean characters that Sony can control that isn't up to others like Activision to get permission from.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

Knack has potential; issue is people don't like old school Crash-Spyro type games anymore. LittleBigPlanet never really 'took off'. I enjoyed Knack and will likely enjoy Knack 2

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Zekkyou said:
Dat knack doe.

(But seriously i think it's a but of a stretch to assume he is implying Knack will become a franchise).

I agree, Knack is one of the only franchises i kno that 100% got its sales from heavy bundling + being a Launch title. Not sayig it wont sell but i dont expect it being close to a million, i be surprised if it did 800k with a 30mil+ userbase.

Edit: ZombiU is probably the second best game to benefit this generation for the same reasons as Knack. ZombiU2 wouldn't get over 400k imo

Knack 2 confirmed! Imagine what installments can we recieve such as Half-Knack 3, Knackzone, Knack Party, Knack Golfing, Knack Tennis, and best of all, Knack appearing in the next All-Stars game!

And I am taking the love for Knack too far so I may have to close my mouth, but in all seriousness, I believe making Knack a franchise is a bit questionable so I believe we shall see in the future on how Sony may handle Knack as for all I know, this should be interesting (I'm still waiting for The Last Knack, though *Insert terrible pun*).

Iveyboi said:
Knack has potential; issue is people don't like old school Crash-Spyro type games anymore. LittleBigPlanet never really 'took off'. I enjoyed Knack and will likely enjoy Knack 2

Whattttttt???? LBP is one of the biggest selling franchises bro, even on Vita its going tobe a million seller

Its Crash Bandicoot and Parappa The Rapper.

Weve had strong rumors about these 2 games.

Crash has supposedly been sold "back" to Naughty Dog and MediaMolecule is working on then next Parappa with Queasy Games