By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Hints to PS4 Return of Old and Beloved Characters, Knack Possibly Becoming a Franchise

forevercloud3000 said:
Teeqoz said:
forevercloud3000 said:
It must be Crash
-Crash was already hinted at returning to Playstation in that PS4 ad.
-Knack is built upon the same premise of Crash type platforming games. Where there is an element of combat as well as platforming adventure.
-Activision says they own it still....they could be lying. Even if they aren't it would not be the first time Activision has leased out one of their IPs to Sony to build upon how they choose. See Call of Duty Black Ops:Declassified.
-Crash was not just any old Platformer. It one one of the higher selling ones of the time period. I believe the series peaked at like 8million sold or something. The nostalgia alone could make the series flourish in this climate.

Why in the world would they claim to own an IP that they don't actually own? Activision isn't some evil company that makes false claims just to piss people off! And Black Ops declassified was published by Activision, and developed by another third party dev (kinda like Titanfall). Sony did not develop Declassified.

Im not saying its some evil plot by Activision, if it were to be true it would be at Sony's request. Activision removed all info about Crash from it's sites. liscenses expire eventually. I'm just saying its a possibility. Developers lie for the sake of keeping secrets. David Jaffe blatantly stated that his new game was not Twisted Metal........turns out it was.

Declassified was funded in entirety by Sony and Sony chose what developer made the game. Activision had virtually 0 part in it's development other then giving rights to build the game at all.

Okay, i don't really know so much about declassified, but Activision is defo the publisher (i never said the dev), while the developer is "nStigate Games".

Could you provide a link that shows that Sony decided what was done with the game? I don't doubt that Sony asked for a COD on the Vita, but I didn't know that they actually had anything to do with the development.

Around the Network

Please let us have a new Knack, if for no other reason than making every persons head explode at, The Verge.

Rafie said:
Teeqoz said:

I'm afraid the chance for Spyro is even slimmer than the chance of crash. And I really liked crash back in the day, but if it were to be built in a similar way to the originals i feel like it would be to linear compared to what we have become accustomed to now.

Not if Naughty Dog does an open world game. I could see that as a possibility, but I guess a more linear game may suffice.

Then I'd personally prefer a new Jak (actually, i'd prefer a new Jak over about anything ). Jak always was open world, and imo it's a universe with more stories to tell then crash. And they actually own the rights to Jak, and that is a fact, not a rumour.

If i can;t have crash, I'd love to see a jak4.

Teeqoz said:
Rafie said:
Teeqoz said:

I'm afraid the chance for Spyro is even slimmer than the chance of crash. And I really liked crash back in the day, but if it were to be built in a similar way to the originals i feel like it would be to linear compared to what we have become accustomed to now.

Not if Naughty Dog does an open world game. I could see that as a possibility, but I guess a more linear game may suffice.

Then I'd personally prefer a new Jak (actually, i'd prefer a new Jak over about anything ). Jak always was open world, and imo it's a universe with more stories to tell then crash. And they actually own the rights to Jak, and that is a fact, not a rumour.

I guess a Jak game does make more sense. I was getting ready to say they were making a new one, but they announced redoing the first Ratchet game in PS4 graphics. Had it mixed up!

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
LemonSlice said:
Daxter to become Knack's sidekick confirmed.

Only one man is good enought to have a kidekick as awesome as Daxter and Knack anit it.

Nathan Drake?

KNACK IS GOING TO BE A FRANCHISE??? FUCK YES!

Teeqoz said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Teeqoz said:
forevercloud3000 said:
It must be Crash
-Knack is built upon the same premise of Crash type platforming games. Where there is an element of combat as well as platforming adventure.
-Activision says they own it still....they could be lying. Even if they aren't it would not be the first time Activision has leased out one of their IPs to Sony to build upon how they choose. See Call of Duty Black Ops:Declassified.
-Crash was not just any old Platformer. It one one of the higher selling ones of the time period. I believe the series peaked at like 8million sold or something. The nostalgia alone could make the series flourish in this climate.

Why in the world would they claim to own an IP that they don't actually own? Activision isn't some evil company that makes false claims just to piss people off! And Black Ops declassified was published by Activision, and developed by another third party dev (kinda like Titanfall). Sony did not develop Declassified.

Im not saying its some evil plot by Activision, if it were to be true it would be at Sony's request. Activision removed all info about Crash from it's sites. liscenses expire eventually. I'm just saying its a possibility. Developers lie for the sake of keeping secrets. David Jaffe blatantly stated that his new game was not Twisted Metal........turns out it was.

Declassified was funded in entirety by Sony and Sony chose what developer made the game. Activision had virtually 0 part in it's development other then giving rights to build the game at all.

Okay, i don't really know so much about declassified, but Activision is defo the publisher (i never said the dev), while the developer is "nStigate Games".

Could you provide a link that shows that Sony decided what was done with the game? I don't doubt that Sony asked for a COD on the Vita, but I didn't know that they actually had anything to do with the development.

There was some postmortom info around the internet after the game released and bombed.

N'stigate is actually Nihilistic Studios who Sony had commissioned for Playstation Move Heroes as well as Resistance Burning Skies for Vita. The E3 prior Sony had made a deal with Activision that they would make a version of COD for Vita, just as Ubisoft did with AC. Yet when push came to shove, Sony found that Activision had made NO effort into a Vita version's development. They panicked because they promised a COD title by year's end and the system desperately needed a big name to bolster it's holiday line up. Sony basically told Activision that they would take care of it's development if they could only use the namesake. Sony snagged Nihilistic whom had JUST made a Vita shooter (Resistance) to do it in a span of 4-5months.

Sony supposedly footed most of the bill for it, yet Activision demands full control still, with the rights to do whatever they want with the title. Same thing with AC Liberations whom Ubisoft decided to port to PS360.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Good . Knack was very fun game.

forevercloud3000 said:
Teeqoz said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Teeqoz said:
forevercloud3000 said:
It must be Crash

There was some postmortom info around the internet after the game released and bombed.

N'stigate is actually Nihilistic Studios who Sony had commissioned for Playstation Move Heroes as well as Resistance Burning Skies for Vita. The E3 prior Sony had made a deal with Activision that they would make a version of COD for Vita, just as Ubisoft did with AC. Yet when push came to shove, Sony found that Activision had made NO effort into a Vita version's development. They panicked because they promised a COD title by year's end and the system desperately needed a big name to bolster it's holiday line up. Sony basically told Activision that they would take care of it's development if they could only use the namesake. Sony snagged Nihilistic whom had JUST made a Vita shooter (Resistance) to do it in a span of 4-5months.

Sony supposedly footed most of the bill for it, yet Activision demands full control still, with the rights to do whatever they want with the title. Same thing with AC Liberations whom Ubisoft decided to port to PS360.

N'stigate is Nihilistic? atleast I've heard of nihilistic

Also, what a dick move by Ubisoft, if Sony payed for the development, then port it to PS360. The least they could have done was keep it PS exlusive and only port to PS3.