By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X1 will never catch or match PS4 sales, it is a misfired product.

Dark Chaos said:

Once Sony's gaming divison starts profiting I will agree. Until then we don't know for sure

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Their gaming division has been profiting since 2010 and the PS4 has already begun to profit.

Get em.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Nothing stops the ps4 train

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Azzanation said:
X1 doesn't have to outsell PS4 to be a successful machine. As long as MS are happy with Xbox then we will continue to have games and consoles In the future. X1 is the fastest selling Xbox in its history. Should we gamers care what console wins a sales race if all are successful? No. As long as the system isn't a flop like the Dreamcast there is nothing to worry about. X1 has sold the least amount of hardware this gen yet it has the most AAA games available and coming in 2014, again do Sales really matter? No. Wii beat the 360 and PS3 last gen hands down but did that effect the other consoles from 3rd party developers and games? again No.

Just play the games you love.

Microsoft's whole reason for being in the gaming industry isnt just to be a successful machine, but to stop Sony from gaining marketshare.

This. And they've been unsuccessful with the OG Xbox while only being semi-successful with Xbox 360.

Sony's been given another chance with PS4 after the big failure with PS3, but Microsoft may not be given another chance after Xbox One. Their investors already want Microsoft to spin-off the Xbox brand as it is because it's a huge money sink.

And if Xbox One sales don't start picking up from now on, Microsoft's investors will start raising their voices even louder about it & will even start canceling R&D production of the 4th Xbox.

Dark Chaos said:
DrDoomz said:
I don't get how Sony's stock prices have anything to do with how badly the XBOne is doing vs the PS4 in this generation so far.

Other than bringing in a completely irrelevant talking point, that is. Fox-news style.

It does matter when the Playstation division didn't profit last year and Sony is trimming the fat. The Xbox division proffited. Most of the shareholders don't care if theyre outselling the competition when they continue to lose money.

The Xbox division DIDN'T and HAS NEVER been profitable.  Go re-read the annual earnings report if you doubt me.

jnemesh said:
Dark Chaos said:
DrDoomz said:
I don't get how Sony's stock prices have anything to do with how badly the XBOne is doing vs the PS4 in this generation so far.

Other than bringing in a completely irrelevant talking point, that is. Fox-news style.

It does matter when the Playstation division didn't profit last year and Sony is trimming the fat. The Xbox division proffited. Most of the shareholders don't care if theyre outselling the competition when they continue to lose money.

The Xbox division DIDN'T and HAS NEVER been profitable.  Go re-read the annual earnings report if you doubt me.

most of them won't ever.  it'll actually require them to face the FACTs, and if they do that, i'd suspect many would be on suicide watch.  better and much easier to put the fingers in the ears and the blind shades on and make believe.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network
BeElite said:
sales2099 said:

More bold responses in quote itself.

What is really funny is that the X1/PS4 is just 7 months old and you talk like its all said and done, especially with the predictions you made, especailly with you so sure about NA. At the same time, we all know what you are saying, but you feel you had to repeat it with your own personal smugness thrown in (and happily doing so).

Serious question: Do you actually get pleasure from PS4 leading in sales? I know I did last gen.

Yes only 7 months, but even MS agrees.  "History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle." Xbox is as done as done can be for the gen.

Its easy to be sure about NA, look at the 360/PS3 see the price they sold as and its rather easy to see Xbox One at 399 will fail in the face of the far superior PS4.

I get great pleasure seeing the averagefool consumer choose the best product at the best price thats best for them.  Not one that tried to erode their rights and options and freedoms.  Its a pleasure seeing something win for the right reasons and another fail for their nazi like drive to control and fuck over people.  None with any common sense would support MS after what they tried to do.

Hopefully when you are unbanned we can continue this discussion.

MS changed their policies before the console launched. When their consumer makes enough noise and sales go to the competitor, things can and will change. Don Mattrick is gone. That said, the winner is always the laziest. Sony doesn't have to try as hard as they did last gen.

PS Now rental prices.....if those prices are any indication, being 1st has its drawbacks. I at least feel good to know MS HAS to go right by their fans this gen or otherwise suffer even more. In the end, I am marvelled at your ability to see Sony as perfect angels. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

MS changed their policies before the console launched. When their consumer makes enough noise and sales go to the competitor, things can and will change. Don Mattrick is gone. That said, the winner is always the laziest. Sony doesn't have to try as hard as they did last gen.

You must be pretty gullible if you think that Microsoft did all of these changes for the fans...they only did it because of the low pre-order numbers & because that they were getting beaten by Sony.

Garland said:
sales2099 said:

You must be pretty gullible if you think that Microsoft did all of these changes for the fans...they only did it because of the low pre-order numbers & because that they were getting beaten by Sony.

No shit. But they changed for the better regardless. Sony is the same....they released a cheaper, more developer friendly PS4 because of the mistakes and lost sales/marketshare opportunities with PS3. Make no mistake, these are corporations and they both care about money. MS just realized that caring = more money. Sony cares, but it isn't because they value your happiness. It's because your happiness makes them money.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

And the PS Now subscription prices aren't final...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115656665&postcount=1

jnemesh said:
Dark Chaos said:
DrDoomz said:

The Xbox division is profitable, but the profit is peanuts for Microsoft. The money the gaming industry provides is chump change. Their only reason for even existing is to stop Sony from growing in multimedia.