By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If You're Over 30 And You Still Love Nintendo, You're Weird

Hmm... That is pretty strange! I mean, I love Nintendo and I am not weird at all, right guys? RIGHT? (ya'll better be saying right!)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What one percieves to be mature gameplay-wise is purely opinion unless its content not for the eyes of those who deemed immature. Nintendo games dont feature mature content, they are just games with light hearted themes and fantasy violence at best because they are designed to entice children and families. Its as simple as that. Mature games are just games with content not suitable for children no different than rated R movies to TV-MA productions.

You're walking in circles. I know how the ratings work, you didn't have to go with the effort and wrote them down with the logo here for my understanding. My problem is that you're deviating from the original comment. Focus.

Killing is not what makes games mature, according to you. But everything you've said at this point is proving that point.

And since we're at it...

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Nintendo games dont feature mature content,

Hotel Dusk is the quickest example of a mature game that doesn't feature killing or violence (Except for a brick to the head, but that can't be helped). Funny thing is, it is a game that Nintendo published.

I want to argue this but people have been calling me weird for 30 years, so I guess and argument from me wouldn't hold much weight. But, I do believe that someone who judges a person deeply based solely on their entertainment isn't exactly in the best mental state themselves. And really you should have rebuttled with Zelda and Metroid instead of Mario kart. Those games have just the right amount of violence without being disturbing. You could have also gone the journey, heavy rain, beyond two souls route. Games that aren't overly violent but have a very adult themed mentality.

lol, that was directed toward the author who'll never read this by the way, not the poster. :)

CarcharodonKraz said:
lol, that was directed toward the author who'll never read this by the way, not the poster. :)

Thank you for clarifying.  :)

Around the Network
Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

What one percieves to be mature gameplay-wise is purely opinion unless its content not for the eyes of those who deemed immature. Nintendo games dont feature mature content, they are just games with light hearted themes and fantasy violence at best because they are designed to entice children and families. Its as simple as that. Mature games are just games with content not suitable for children no different than rated R movies to TV-MA productions.

You're walking in circles. I know how the ratings work, you didn't have to go with the effort and wrote them down with the logo here for my understanding. My problem is that you're deviating from the original comment. Focus.

Killing is not what makes games mature, according to you. But everything you've said at this point is proving that point.

And since we're at it...

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Nintendo games dont feature mature content,

Hotel Dusk is the quickest example of a mature game that doesn't feature killing or violence (Except for a brick to the head, but that can't be helped). Funny thing is, it is a game that Nintendo published.

Killing does not make a game mature. Graphic violence makes a game mature. Fantasy violence involves killing, but done in a way that is not done in a graphic manner so children may view it and families may feel comfortable. Zelda is not graphic, but it features "fantasy violence". Metroid is not graphic. Gears of War is graphic. It features actual animations of what it means to truly kill someone. Thats is why it is mature. Children should not be seeing things like that. You're taking their years of innocence away from them even though at some point they may or may not be able to tell whether its real or fake.

Just because Nintendo publishes a game...doesnt mean its  "Nintendo" game that represents Nintendo. Bayonetta is being published by Nintendo but it does not represent the spirit of what Nintendo stands for. Nintendo is Disney...its meant for children and families and just like Disney....the children and family image wears off after certain generations even though it is still universally loved. This is why they are acquiring titles for a broader audience even though they arent internal offerings, no different than Disney bought Marvel and Lucas films. Bayonetta is the purest example of everything Nintendo isn't just like Rare. Rare existed to satisfy an audience Nintendo refuses to satisfy themselves.

Pshaw, I'm weird even without Nintendo!

Weird = Different = Unique = Cool = Me

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Got a wiiU two days ago for my 30th birthday...

Not looking good for me...

mhsillen said:
Oh man i'm over 50

Then there is something very wrong with you, sir!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---