By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive 900p/30fps

Porcupine_I said:
Insomniac was never known for raising any graphical bars in their games.

But they were known for 60fps games (admittedly with dips in some of them)

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Aerys said:
Azerth said:
Everyone that's saying 60fps seems to be forgetting that this is a open world game and idk of any open world game at 60fps

There is one, and it's not even an exclusive : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=185243&page=1#

He asked for an open world game, not an open world demo.

I might be thinking of the other one that just came out though.

MGSV PP is an open word full game running at 1080p/60fps.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Raziel123 said:
Porcupine_I said:
Insomniac was never known for raising any graphical bars in their games.

But they were known for 60fps games (admittedly with dips in some of them)

They announced 5 years ago that they weren't focusing on 60fps above everything else anymore.

AnthonyW86 said:
Xbox 900p strikes again, let's see what's up next for Delaystation 4.

Bolded: I don't follow. Can you explain the delay?

OT: I hope that if a game isn't 1080p then at least make it 60fps or vice versa.  Then at least you know the devs are trying to reach the 1080p/60fps goal but doesn't seem like they're trying and the game doesn't look that visually hard.  Reminds me of a last gen game.  

Well if it looks like sht then let it be smooth sht cause everybody likes their sht going smoothly.

BigBrain said:
Puppyroach said:
BigBrain said:
Puppyroach said:
Anyone that has played Ryse understands how little importance 900p vs. 1080p plays, and this game looks absolutely gorgeous :).

Ryes makes major concessions to get there including very limited animations, number of enemiesm abd frame rate that drops as low as 18............and 1080p is > 900p no matter what. SO and ryse would look even betetr at 1080p.

You could enlighten me on what those concession were since it still was the best looking launch title :) (in my view ofcourse). Also, doesn´t every game always make concessions? There are limits even to what they can do in Uncharted 4 for example.

I already did and digital foundry detaisl them as well, there are limites, just x1 has more fo them obviously.

I don´t really understand what you are saying. You do know that Ryse runs at 900p right? So there are no concessions to reach 1080 since it´s never run at that resolution. Same goes for SO, they go for 900p, not to make concessions in order to get it to 1080p.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Insomniac need to return to 60fps. Just in general. I miss when they always targeted that in games.

I'd imagine Ratchet Redux is going to be 30fps too, sadly. Into the Nexus wasn't unplayable or anything, but definitely suffered from it (especially since they couldn't lock 30fps at all)

Good point. The framerate is a much bigger deal to me than the resolution. Action games like this one you'll probably notice it a bit.

Still it's not going to be a "bad" game because of it. But it does seem like devs don't really try and push the boat out the squeeze every last drop out of the hardware like they used to.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Puppyroach said:

I don´t really understand what you are saying. You do know that Ryse runs at 900p right? So there are no concessions to reach 1080 since it´s never run at that resolution. Same goes for SO, they go for 900p, not to make concessions in order to get it to 1080p.

It made concessions to look as good as it does, but still loses to a game on ps4 that is vastly more open, and runs at 1080p and higher frame rate, several ps4 games in fact.

Quote Tree Trimmed - Conegamer

Should've targeted for 60 fps, especially with a game like Sunset Overdrive.

I doubt that it would run with 60fps on PS4. Game look demanding with the sheer amount of enemies and considering it's open world.

It would be 1080p on PS4 but that's pretty much it.

If people really want that game with 60fps they should hope to get them on PC and not PS4 or Xbox One.

A game like Infamous could also run better on good gaming PCs so that the Playstation fans who care so much about it should start to ask Sony to bring their games to PC. Developing these expensive games only on PC is too expensive so that only very few exclusive PC games show the power of gaming PCs but games like Infamous or SO could profit a lot if they would also run on PC if we talk about fps, mods or whatever...

Most XBox One owners shouldn't and wont be shocked by this. They should be used to this by now (not and insult) and enjoy the game for what it is. 

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine