By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive 900p/30fps

It definitely seems like Microsoft would be best off just not talking about resolution, SDK, dx12, cloud, because this stuff is always embarrassing when it happens.

Just focus on the games themselves. SO seemed fun to me until I saw the e3 stuff. I wanted to murder children with a hammer after hearing the jabbering chat in the game. And the graphics definitely look 7th gen. If you told me it was 360 footage I would have believed it.

I do hope people enjoy it. The release date is insane.

Around the Network

Ohhhh god. How is that even playable? Where's the fun in playing a game that can't even hit 1080p? It's getting sad for Xbone.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Azerth said:
Everyone that's saying 60fps seems to be forgetting that this is a open world game and idk of any open world game at 60fps

InFamous SS is 1080p with an unlocked framerate, which I would assume would range from 30 - 60 fps.

It still looks better than ps4 battlefield hardline, that is one atrocious game.

Conegamer said:
Well, who really cares anyway? The game looks awesome and it seems to be a blast to play. I'd rather play a fun game with great gameplay in 900p than a dull one with mediocre gameplay at 1080p.

Still I thought that SO could do 1080p. A little concerning, but nothing to cry about or argue over IMO.

Don't deny it outright. There are plenty who can get disappointed for not being 1080p. Especially when PS4 exclusives are already available in 1080p from 30 fps-60 fps. This concerns me a to a great extent.

Around the Network
LordPhil said:

The game will run at 900p and 30fps on the Xbox One, Ryan Schneider confirmed to GamingBolt. We also asked them whether there is a chance of a resolution upgrade later on, but it seems it’s not on their radar for the time being.

“If you play the game and see the experience, we are pretty comfortable where we are in terms of frame rate and resolution wise. We rather just focus on optimizing what you can see on the screen and that we think will create a better experience overall,” Ryan explained.

http://gamingbolt.com/sunset-overdrive-runs-at-900p30fps-on-the-xbox-one

I don't get it destiny will be 1080p but sunset overdrive won't be 1080p seriously Microsoft need to wake up otherwise they gonna end up selling Console badly like wii u how come bungie had a time to make a games 1080p by new sdk update but isomanic won't have a time 

Dgc1808 said:
Some time ago, Insomniac said that all of their future games would be 30fps, so that doesn't surprise me. A game with this art-style not making it to 1080p while only targetting 30fps is a bit shocking to me, though.

It's disappointing, but not hugely surprising/shocking. The difficulty with many open world games is you have to build them around the basis that the player is going to try and do something that will put a lot of stress on the system. They probably chose to go with 900p to ensure stability during those situations (the same choice Watch Dogs made).

Overall i'd say it's a good choice. 1080p is nice, but when working with 30fps stability is better (both would of course be even nicer, but that doesn't happen often :p).

I'm surprised. I can understand the resolution because there's a ton going on, but Sunset Overdrive strikes me as the kind of game which should be locked at 60 FPS. It needs to be buttery smooth for the style to work.

But 900p and 30 FPS is a combination I do not understand.

Sincerely i thought that X1 it seems more like an old gen console than a current. It can't reach 1080p and/or 60 fps even in its "exclusive".

Personally, due to the fact that X1 isn't the machine i expected and due tha MS policies aren't good, even this gen i'll go with PS4 (already mine) and WiiU (that i'll take within a 'year).

scalabrine said:

Sincerely i thought that X1 it seems more like an old gen console than a current. It can't reach 1080p and/or 60 fps even in its "exclusive".

Personally, due to the fact that X1 isn't the machine i expected and due tha MS policies aren't good, even this gen i'll go with PS4 (already mine) and WiiU (that i'll take within a 'year).

Ms fixed their policy problems IMO. Unless you just don't trust them which is understandable.