By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive 900p/30fps

Blob said:
jacks81x said:
900p is fine. A little surprised about the 30fps though. Was that a design choice or could they not get the game to run at 60fps consistently?

Would much rather a locked 30 FPS than the 60 FPs figure that gets thrown about and has sizeable dips while often hovering under 60FPs anyway. Truth be told this whole resolution stuff has gone on long enough. Everybody knows X1 will have lower resolutions by now and constantly bringing it up is just beating a dead horse. The games look great these days anyway.

Right, which is why I said consistently.  My preference is 60fps locked, especially in a shooter.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

This is the bottom line. The only reason this debate continues is because of MS promoting the idea of the XB1 getting more powerful and the fans constantly banging on about it. Until that stop, articles and debates like this will continue. Resolution by itself isn't really the issue because this game looks great.

No, the "debate" continues because some people harp on resolution, as if that is the only way to use an increase in power. Look at the very poster you're quoting, and the article he linked. It even says right in there that Destiny used the increase for resolution, while Sunset used it for other things. So some of you are just mistaken in thinking that developers are caring as much about resolution as people on message boards looking for list warz ammo.

It is a situation that won't fix itself by XB1 fans not "banging on" about a power increase, because that isn't where the problem is.

So lets use this as a potential learning exercise for some people here. For future reference, an Xbone game can utilize the extra power given with the Kinect change, and yet, still not hit 1080p because the developer doesn't care as much about it as forum dwellers. As evidence by the very article from the thread linked multiple times in this thread.

Now we can let the healing begin.

Another day, another bashing thread I suppose... I'd rather play these games at 900p than wait for them indefinitely. I'd rather they go with customization and coop multiplayer than single player only with no replay value in the long run... yep gotta know your priorities. Content > resolution.

This is extremely sad. I remember when Insomniac came out and said they were going to target 30fps for future games, but I thought that would just be an end of cycle PS3/360 deal to not fall behind everyone else visually.

Unfortunately, since doing so they have had a major drop off in the quality of their products. Resistance took a nose dive, Ratchet and Clank lost its mojo, and well Fuse.

Hopefully, this game will have a decent story, and fun set pieces, because a game can still be fun a t 900/30, hell 640/20 has been fun in some games I have played in the past.I just hope Insomniac rethinks their game design philosophy going forward. If they jump back on another Ratchet, I expect 1080p/60fps.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Honestly doesn't concern me one bit, I'll enjoy the game regardless.

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
Another day, another bashing thread I suppose... I'd rather play these games at 900p than wait for them indefinitely. I'd rather they go with customization and coop multiplayer than single player only with no replay value in the long run... yep gotta know your priorities. Content > resolution.

Not sure the point of comments like this, no one is arguing content is not more important, making a game run at a certain  res will not help/hurt a games content, they 2 are not remotely related, it is a decision made as the game progresses regarding engine and performance., Devs working on engines are not creating content.

Jazz2K said:

What on earth does resolution have to do with content? There isn't a little shop where developers can hand over content in exchange for resolution coupons

Different types of games trying to do different types of things. If content was the end all of games we'ed all be playing WoW right now.

BigBrain said:

Not sure the point of comments like this, no one is arguing content is not more important, making a game run at a certain  res will not help/hurt a games content, they 2 are not remotely related, it is a decision made as the game progresses regarding engine and performance., Devs working on engines are not creating content.

Yea you're right there is no point of these kind of comments on these pointless threads. If I want to talk about the game now I'm sure doing it outside XEmpire will be a nightmare because of these mentality...

Zekkyou said:
Jazz2K said:

What on earth does resolution have to do with content? There isn't a little shop where developers can hand over content in exchange for resolution coupons

Different types of games trying to do different types of things. If content was the end all of games we'ed all be playing WoW right now.

You mean like if resolution was the end all of games we'd all be playing on PC right now?

kitler53 said:
one would think an exclusive would be better optimised to the hardware.

sign of timed-exclusivity?

this will never come to playstation.